Gnomes

Logicmaster / Machine Edition

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I have some more questions that perhaps someone may be able to help me out with. I'm still pretty new at working with these. We have an old plc which was programmed using, i think, logicmaster 90 micro software. We want to edit the program that is installed on the plc to see if that helps in getting the machine it's on working properly. We recently purchased a new plc and we have machine edition software that I've been playing around with a little bit. I was wondering if it's possible to be able to use machine edition to edit the program made with logicmaster and then download it into the old plc using the machine edition software. Thanks for any help!

It is possible, provided the PLC and software are not too old. Machine Edition Ver. 5.0 will program the Series 90 Micro version 3.10 or greater. If you have a VersMax Micro it supports all versions.

I now have the plc and I would like to upload the program that is currently on the PLC to see if the program we have to download to it is the same as the one that is currently on the plc. I am able to connect with the plc using the machine edition software however I'm unable to upload the program. I keep getting "Error 8097: Unspecified Error ||" and I'm not sure what to do about it. I then wanted to try uploading the program using the logicmaster program that is installed on a laptop. However, when I try using the laptop I am not able to connect to the plc, I keep getting a "no communications" error. That I'm not sure how to get around. Thanks for any help!

currently i'm trying to download a program using machine edition into a series 90 micro plc. i get an error saying firmware revision 2.01 not compatible, upgrade your firmware. so i went to the ge fanuc site and downloaded a newer firmware verision (3.10). When i try to install this firmware the steps seem to go ok until i get to the update firmware step. it keeps increasing the number of try times until it finally says attach failed. i've gone through this several times with the same result. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Make sure that your using port1 on the left side under the door not the port in the center under the removable cover.

I'm using the one under the little flip lid, i didn't even know there is another one hiding.

Are you using the "cheater" cable, the one without the built in RS-232 - RS-485 converter, it will not work for this? Be sure to follow directions "EXACTLY" if you miss a step or swap a step it will not work. If you have the correct port and cable try manually setting the baud to 19.2 or 9600.

I was finally able to get it to work. The cabling we used ran through a 485 box, I ended playing around with some other port settings. Adjusted the transmit and receive buffers and after playing around with them the firmware upgrade worked and then I was able to use the machine edition software to program the plc. Thanks for trying to help me out and I'll probably be posting again for some help!

When ever I try  to run GE PLC  series 6 program logicmaster version 4.10

I get error 2151

What is the meaning of error 2151?

PLC error.jpg

If I remember correctly that error was a DOS issue. I think it had to do with something in your config.sys file. Check the readme.lm6 file included with Logicmaster 6 software for more details.