Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mambomazuri

MODICON PLC TSX

7 posts in this topic

Gents We are using a PLC for a huge heater,when we do some maintenance in the heater,the power switched off,then we lost the programme from the plc,the indications shows TER,ERR,BAT we dont have the programme,how i can get it and how to programme it again,is it possible through internet. type of plc we are use is: MODICON,TSX MICRO,TSXRKZ02,TELEMECANIQUE. please help,thanks, Manbo.

All of these lights on indicate a CPU Fault. Not really a good sign. You could try resetting it, if the lights are all still on, it's likely a hardware fault. You are saying that you dont' have a backed up copy of the PLC Program? Or are you just in need of the software to download it? Or both?

If the battery light is on, then the battery is dead, and powering it off will erase your program. You'll need to get a copy of the program and software to program it. They make a program loader module for the TSX Micro whichcan be loaded with the program from another PLC, and then can write the program to your PLC. You should contact the vendor who made the machine and get a copy of the program. You will need the PL7 software to program it, and can use PL7 Micro or PL7 Junior or PL7 Pro. You'll also need a programming cable, TSXPCX3030 will work.

Also, the TSXRKZ02 is a two slot (4 module) expansion I/O rack, it's not the CPU. The CPU is the left most part of the system, including the first few I/O slots. Also, the only way you can program it over the Internet is if you have the TSXETZ510 Ethernet module attached to it.

Is this a Micro with a PCMCIA extension? If so, make sure that is securely connected in the slot. I think I've seen that before now that I think about it. Otherwise, you really need to find the people who programmed it. CK: Not sure if BAT light along with the other lights necessarily means the battery is dead. If the CPU faults, that light will come on as well.

According to manual, if BAT light on, battery faulty or missing. TER on means there is communication on the TERminal port (HMI?). ERR on solid means CPU fault, flashing means no valid program. Hold the DIAG button for over a second and let us know what lights are on (as well as what I/O cards in what slots) and we can help further. See the attached quick reference guides... First one (TSX05/08/10)... TSX37_05_08_10E.pdf

Second one... TSX37_21_22E.pdf