Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjjaayyy

A1s analog card

9 posts in this topic

Never programmed Analog card before need help . i am using a1s cpu with input card in slot 0, output card slot 1, analog card a1s63ada slot 2 , rs232 card slot 3 on the analog card i am trying to use input 1 and 2 but i am not using the output analog of this card both inputs are a 4-20mA signal. i have look around for example programs but struggled to adapt to my requirements could any one help

You need to read up on the TO and FROM instructions. You will use TO to write data into the module's buffer memories (for configuration) and FROM to read the analog data out of the unit. The manual for the A1S63ADA has example code. The difference to your system with it being in the third slot is the head address. Assuming your input card in slot 0 and your output card in slot 1 are both 16 points, your A1S63ADA would start at X20 and Y20. Your head address in the TO/FROM instructions would be H0020 not H0000 like shown in the manual. If the cards before are 32 points, they will take multiple words, such as 0 and 1 for a 32 bit intput, then 2 and 3 for a 32 point output, which would make your analog module start at X50 and Y50 (Head H0050). You most likely will not need to use all of the code in the example, like if you don't need to adjust the offset and gain, as the module should be factory calibrated.

thank you for your reply! do you think this is right ? | m9036 |--| |---|/|---| |-----------------[top h3 k1 k0 k1]-------| | x30 x31 | | | |-----[top H3 k20 k2 k1]------| | | | | |-----[from H3 K10 d10 k1]---| | | | | |-----[from H3 k11 d11 k1]---|

What's the I/O layout? Let me know the size of the input and output modules and I'll check and see...

the I/O layout is slot 1 is 16inputs. slot 2 is 16outputs then my analog card with 2 analogs in and 1 analog out but i am not using the out on the analog card just started to get to grips with a E600 screen i realy do love the flexibilty to them. trying really hard to understand the mitsui manuals i think they are written in double dutch (not easy to follow)

ooops i am so stupid my analog card is in slot 2 . i forgot about first slot being 0 so slot 0 is 16 input card slot 1 is 16output card slot 2 is my 3 channal analog card so that makes my programming wrong should be x20 x21 h2 and so on but is the program ok besides the wrong address? thanks so so much for your help . lives a learing curve and i am at the bottom!!!

First scan (M9038) do a [TO H2 K0 K3 K1] to enable CH1 and CH2. Always (M9036) have Y2A and Y2B on if you're using current. Your resolution gets set by turning on Y38 and Y39. Y38 on, 0-4000, Y39 on 0-8000, and both on 0-12000. Then if all you want to do is read data without error checking or anything, you can get away with one FROM statement to read both words. I usually trigger my FROM with either a clock pulse (one second typically, M9032), or the always on flag (M9036). [FROM H2 K10 D0 K2] will read the two analog values and place them in D0 and D1. See the sample code in section 5-1 of the attached manual. IB_NA_66435_D.pdf

thank you for all the help i have wrote a sample program for just the analog card would you have a little look and give me your expert addive many thanks jay