Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mr thet

FX1N programming software

12 posts in this topic

I am a beginner of the PLC programming. I have a FX1N-40MR controller. May I know what programming software could be tested and editted this PLC. If the software can download anywhere, let me know the destination of it. thanks to all, Mr thet

The proper software for this PLC is GX-Developer. You can download a 15 day trial version at www.meau.com in the Downloads section. There are some older packages, which are obsolete. They include a DOS package called MEDOC, an older Windows package called FX-Win, and the older version of GX-Developer which was called GPP-Win. I've seen some up for auction on Ebay.

Hallo, I have seen that it have been claimed that Medoc is still not freeware, but this site offer direct dowload to the latest version. http://www.taiwan-control.com.tw/download/ Best regards Tore

Some people are of the opinion that once something is described as obsolete, it's free. This is an untrue statement. True some Mitsubishi engineers were giving customers copies of MEDOC to help them out, but there has never been any kind of legal notice releasing MEDOC to the public domain. Same holds true for FX-WIn. There is a guy on Ebay selling the programming manual for the FX with a botleg copy of FX-Win. It's illegal. And Mitubishi has been made aware of him and I'm sure they will put a stop to it.

Hello . ihave the folowing situation. i bought a granit cutting machine with fx1n-40mr plc controller., i need to edit the programm but its password protected. the original owner of the machine canot remember the 8 digit password. how can i bypass or retreive it. thanks fluke.

Hello Fluke, I am new here, so I can't say this for sure, but I would suggest that you make a new topic for your own question. If the PLC is password protected and you have no way of finding the password, than your only option is to wipe the PLC. This will erase the program and thus make it impossible to edit the current program. Best regards, Maikel

C’est la vie. Edited by djtron

Even though you may have a genuine reason for asking about password breaking. Discussion of trying to bypass a CPU password is against the terms of service on this website. Please review the user agreement you signed when you created your account. With most PLCs, you should be able to reformat it and download again without a password. But you cannot upload a program without the password. Rodney Edited by Rodney

Programs which are password protected can still be cleared from the PLC, but without the password, you can't upload it or change it. You'd be writing it over again. And as Rodney pointed out, any discussion of password hacking will get you banned.

Crossbow and Rodney, it didn't came to my mind, this could be regarded as hacking. Anyhow: The reason I did that (a long time ago) was, that I couldn't access the PLC I had programmed myself. I didn't use any password on that system, but the programming software had changed and I couldn't open it. In fact it was a bug of the (DOS) programming software. Even I had the original PLC program, I just wanna make sure that the content in the PLC is identical to the one I used to change the PLC program. Also it is a matter of fact, that PLC and automation systems in general are often very badly protected. A german magazin (c't) just find out and reported, how they find hundreds of unprotected systems in the internet with the help of shodan.com. In relation with the very professional Stuxnet trojan many PLC systems have been checked and found to be not or very simple protected. Sometimes it is the user's fault - but very often systems are by themself very easy to open: I mean, if you put a key in front of your entrance, you don't need to wonder if someone will show up, even this is not allowed. It was and is not my intention to give any hacking information: But what I am actually really interested to know is how good Mitsubishi Systems are protected from hacking. And if it is still that easy as it has been in the past on that A-System, I am sorry - I wouldn't call this a proper protection.

Passwords on A Series and FX Series were not very secure. Q is totally different, and far better.

On 24/5/2013 at 11:12 AM, Fluke. said:

Hello . ihave the folowing situation. i bought a granit cutting machine with fx1n-40mr plc controller., i need to edit the programm but its password protected. the original owner of the machine canot remember the 8 digit password. how can i bypass or retreive it. thanks fluke.

it possible to see the password i even can see the fx2n password protected

On 24/5/2013 at 11:12 AM, Fluke. said: