Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jdolor

Micrologix 1000

6 posts in this topic

Every time I create a new project in RSLogix500 for the Micrologix 1000 it starts up with forces enabled. Has anybody seen this? How can I disable them without going online? Thanks

I may be wrong, but even though the forces are enabled. Nothing is forced until you specify an adress to be forced.

Is the FORCE LED "on" in the front of the PLC? Or are you looking at RS Logix Software? Cause seems like I remember MicroLogix say or look "yellow" in the force pull down list box, but verfiy if you do have a force by looking at the FORCE LED on the front of PLC. Please report back.

It appears that the "enable/disable" forces function doesn't exist in the Micrologix. At least that's how RSlogix500 seems to act. If I make a project with a Micrologix, the "forces enabled" indicator is on, and I can't turn it off. I can still force on or off individual bits and "remove all forces", but the ability to have forces present but not active doesn't seem to exist. Now if I do the same with a SLC, it behaves quite differently. The "enable/disable" can be toggled (have to create a force first). Conclusion, Micrologix forces are always enabled, and that's just the way it is.

Thank Rockwell once again for staying consistent with all their software products!