Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panic mode

WinTPE and R-J2?

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Just wonder if anyone has any experience with getting WinTPE work with R-J2 controller... I never used WinTPE because previous jobs ware simpler but now I really would like to do editing offline and just dump it in robot. It's an old 420iF robot with i-size controller and firmware revision 4.31. WinTPE we got is 4.30 and complains that it cannot open any of the previous projects, new or old. panic mode

You can actually "afford" to purchase WinTPE? I would guess if you had the correct Virtual Robot Controller on your laptop, it shouldn't have any problems. My roboSIM has version 5.30 (F) is the lowest it will go. I think you need version 4.21 through 4.40 for RJ2 controllers....So long as you have those versions of Virtual Controller, I would think it would work.

hi chakorules, thanks for reply no i didn't afford anything, i think it's time expiring demo or something that one of our guys was able to find somewhere on internet i was trying to find out if we could use it with this robot just to save some time in editing of the programs and comments... we are starting to get cramps from using teach pendant ...

During the installation of WinTPE, I think you can pick which Virtual Controllers you want to install. Re-Run installer and install those version of virtual controller. I know what you mean about the cramps. I hate it too...Did you read my First Experience Article about the LR MATE 200 robot? I hate using 5 keys to do the whole alphabet.

If this is something you would be able to share with me, I would love to be able to experiment with it! (e-mail me at micrologix1500@yahoo.com if possible!) We just got our first Fanuc robots over the last few months, and we're learning them little by little..

i'll try to find the install file or link but in mean time i strongly suggest visiting Fanuc website and signing up. they are slow with registration process (it takes a week or so). they don't have too much for download but it's good enough. at least the manuals downloaded from server are real manuals that can be prinetd out. the eDoc CD is HTML based collection of individual pages which imho are not worth the trouble (unless you have no other choice).

Pertaining to CRC "registration at Fanuc"...read this: http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...x_v2&id=29&c=36 "The other thing that I wanted to touch on is make sure you sign up for the cRc part of the website at Fanuc Robotics. One of my pet peeves is to register at a website to get the manuals or any additional support for the product you just bought. What is it with that? Why do we have to register to download manuals or cad drawings? Do these places honestly think that me downloading a manual means I will buy more of their products? At Fanuc, you need to get a credit check done on your company before they will allow access. I guess the reason for this is so your company will have access to purchase spare parts online. In my opinion, it seems it would better if they would just break out the manuals without having to register to download them. In my position, I will probably never order spare parts so the cRc web access is a waste for me except the manuals are protected behind this program. Make sure you get started on this registration process right away. It took about two months to get my registration processed. If you don’t and you get in a jam, you won't be able to get any online support access." ....................................................................... "Lastly, if your thinking about a Fanuc, make sure you start your cRc website access registration early just in case you need manuals." ........................................................................ Once you get access, depending on what type of an account they set you up with, you can then download software as a TRIAL for 30 days.

We've got the eDoc CD. Too much to wade through! I've only used it to decypher cryptic fault messages.

I have the full blown program and find it useful for modify the programs real quick and easy. I haven't tried to sit dow and write a whole program with it yet, still prefer to write the program right there at the machine.