Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noely

Remote I/O

12 posts in this topic

Hi Just want to know how far can you place a bank of remote I/O away from the main plc and how many banks or module can you have. Thanx, Noely

Using the correct wiring and such, AB remote I/O can be thousands of feet away, it will depend on the baud rate you wish to run at, the faster the baud rate, the less distance allowed. I don't have the specs. in front of me, but I know 4000 ft is doable, and I believe that you can go upto 10,000 feet.

..excerpt from Data Highway/Data Highway Plus/Data Highway II/Data Highway-485 Cable Installation Manual Hope this help.

I don't know how to display this chunk I cut out of the 1747-SN user's manual so I attached it. It gives the max. length per selected baud rate. It shouldn't matter that you are using a 5/03. The specs for RIO are the specs for RIO, regardless of the scanner or adapter.

nevermind.. I see that when you attach a file, it displays it :)

Thanx for your help. Just one more question, will the rslogix automatically address the inputs and outputs when I auto-configure the plc. Once again thanx for the help Noely

The 32 words of input and 32 words of output will be added to your data table when RSLogix sees that you have a 1747-SN in the chassis. But RSLogix won't know how this relates to the "real world" I/O.. How these words are mapped to your adapters is based on how you allocate the logical rack space to them. The 1747-SN user's manual is a pretty good resource for making sense of this.

can i use the 1747-asb remote i/o adaptor with the 1794-asb

you should be able to daisy-chain both of those to the same scanner. (if that was your question!)

You must be sick of me asking about this flex i/o but i have my scanner and flex i/o communicating. I have on my flex i/o a 8 channel relay output. I have my scanner placed in slot 1 of my plc. The problem i have is that i cannot seem to force an output on in that flex i/o module. Could you give me any pointers as to how to address it. Could you also tell me about this group thing that is in the edit g data of the scanner advanced configuration. Thanx for your help so far. Just new to this flex i/o