Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alnaser

communication problem beetwen CxSupervisor and CxS

5 posts in this topic

I have a communication problem beetwen CxSupervisor and CxSimulator I started CxSimulator (Controller Link) ---------------------------------------------- <Target FINS address> Network address : 1 Node address : 10 Unit address : 0 --------------------------------------------- In CxSupervisor I added the new device (the same device type as device in CxSimulator) Network Type : (first try) Controller Link: Network 1, Node 10, Unit 0 (second try) FinsGateway : Network 1, Node 10, Unit 0 In "Point Editor" I added new variable "PLCvar1" whith "I/O attributes":PLC whith PLC Attributes: --------------------------------------------------- PLC type : the same type as PLC in cxsimulator Data Location : D00080 checked "Communication Enabled" Data Transfer Optimisations: "Always Update Point Value" ---------------------------------------------------- The problem is that my program is "Unable to open PLC ..." and I can't set value to "PLCvar1" please help

I thought CX-Simulator was for use with CX-Programmer, not CX-Supervisor.

Pretty sure Bob is right on this. I think CX-Simulator will only work with CX-Programmer and only to simulate CS1/CJ1 processors. Jay, can you verify that one for us?

Don't think it can work with CX-Supervisor - Supervisor uses CX-Server as the middleware, which CX-Simulator doesn't. Will post again if I discover otherwise! Regards anonymous

Sorry Guys, I'm lying through my teeth It IS possible to use the two together. Start CX-Simulator from the windows Start menu, select the required PLC type and use the default settings for Network Type. Network and Node addresses. (Controller Link, Network 1 Node 10 Unit 0). In the work CX-Simulator dialogue, Connect to the virtual PLC The virtual PLC must be started first, or CX-Supervisor will not be able to open the device. In CX-Supervisor, set the PLC / Network as per CX_Simulator. When the CX-Supervisor application is run, it should connect to the virtual PLC without problems. Regards anonymous Edited by anonymous