Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nass89

90-30 series

11 posts in this topic

Hi , I have a 90-30 CPU and Logicmaster 90 software. I amtrying to upload PLC program from CPU350. The PLC configuration is uploaded correctly but when I am trying to upload the PLC program the following Error occurs: "Load aborted; PLC contains files which are not compatible with this release" The version of Logicmaster is 9.05. Isn't Logicmaster compatible with all CPUs? What is wrong with upload? Please help. Thanks

I've never seen this error, but my GUT feeling is that your program was downloaded with a VERSAPRO or something else besides LM90. I could be wrong, but it seems to me when you download a program in VERSAPRO or PROFICY, then it stays like that until you re-download it in some other programming software like LM90...

The 350 CPU is capable of being programmed with the Versa-Pro software. There is a download that is available on the Fanuc website for this. If that has been done , then the Logicmaster sofware will give you multiple error codes.

Hi, Thanks for replies. That means, I should use VersaPro software? I thought the LM90 is capable of communicating with all CPUs. I hven't VersaPro is there any other software?

LM90 is compatable with the CPU350, however it is not compatable with VersaPro or Proficy ME. Either of witch will work as both VersaPro and Proficy ME can read eachothers downloads. You could download with LM90, if you have the current project in LM90 form.

Is there any demo version of VersaPro for downloading, to test if is in written with VersaPro?

No, but you can get a demo CD of Proficy ME from your local GE Fanuc Distrbutor or Rep. Go to www.gefanuc.com to find who it is.

Hi Long Time since I have touched a 90-30. Versa Pro & CME dose download some files that LM90 does not like. Thus the error you are getting. I have got around this before by removing the CPU battery and starting with a blank CPU (This is all you need to do with a 90-70) (you will need a direct programming cable as well). However the 90-30 has a 1 farad cap that is used in conjunction with the NiCad battery to keep the memory alive when the CPU is unplugged, the reason for this is the memory backup NiCad battery is housed in the power supply and not the CPU module. The capacitor is used to keep the memory alive when transporting the module form one place to the next outside a rack. If you feel brave enough you can pop the 90-30 CPU board out of its sleave and short out the round cap in the centre of the board but you will be doing this at you own risk. I have done this a few times when a 90-30 CPU has hopelessly locked up. I seem to recall that if the 90-30 CPU is unplugged the on board memory will die after a day or two anyway. Cheers

NOTE If you decide to short out the 90-30 CPU Cap just make sure the CPU module is NOT plugged into a rack & NOT powered up at the time. Other wise you will be looking for a new CPU and power supply.

I just tried uploading a program that I know was created with Proficy ME to Logicmaster. The configuration uploaded OK, but not the program. When I tried to upload the program I got same message that you got. To me, that is evidence that the program in your PLC was created with either Control, VersaPro, or Proficy ME. The only way you're going to be able to view it is to get the newer software. If you don't care about the program that's currently in the PLC, and just want to use it for another project, then go ahead and clear the memory and use Logicmaster to create a brand-new folder. You'll be able to download it without any trouble.

Thanks for all comments. Really I have two CPUs. First CPU's program is not important, but the second one is important and I must edit it. I cleared the first CPU's program and downloaded new program with LM90, but the second, it is not possible to read the program. The configuration is uploadable but not the program. I think I must try it with other packages.