Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Anyone familiar with the Exor eTOP HMI?

6 posts in this topic

Just curious... I saw one for the first time a few months ago on a robot cell.. And wouldn't you know it, I've been called in on very short notice to work on that very workcell now!

Wow, so I'm the only one, huh? I don't know about price but it looks like a pretty nice display. something worth looking into once this project is over. Anyway, I feel like a total rookie because I tried uploading the application and I can't connect to it! I tried a variety of baud rates, parity, etc. I wonder if this HMI has a factory setup screen like panelviews do? Guess I need to *gasp* call tech support..

I have used the EXOR, but I don't remember if it was the etop or not. I used it becuase they support DUAL drivers. You can use the EXOR like a gateway device. I had a IAI SCARA driver and and AB driver. I used the HMI to share the data bits from the AB PLC to the IAI SCARA robot...which was an RS-232 device, but the HMI made it simple to pass bits and words back and forth.. I'll check tomorrow when I go into work...

I work with the Baldor HMI, which is an Exor, you can download free software to program EXor from the Baldor website, it only includes drivers for Baldor, however, the Uniop website, can add free download drivers for df1, profibus, devicenet, etc. it is a long list. And, then you can use for almost any plc or controller. Also, to upload or download, you must be in config mode at the display, touch a blank spot on the screen for 8 seconds and it will go into config mode and screen will change to blank config screen. Edited by alesper

Chako, Mitsubishi GOT1000 talk to almost everything out there now, and they have excellent software. They can communicate to 4 different controllers at once, and have a data transfer table to move data between the connected controllers.

I recall dealing with one 4-5 years ago, and all I can recall is that the serial interface used a D-sub 15 pin connector, like the video output connector on a Windows laptop box. It appears that Uniop still has an active site at http://www.uniop.com/bin/site/templates/de...es/exor/support I used the customer's development software package, so I can't recall if it was free or licensed. Dan