Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
numeros

C40K to PC cable

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I hope you can give me a hand. I have two Omron PLCs model Sysmac C40K-CDR-A. I want to download the program from one of them and then load it into the other. I understand that I can use the LSS software in a PC to do this. But what I couldn't find is the cable to connect PLC to the PC. Please be so kind to tell me where can I find the data to build the cable. Thanks in advance for your support. Gonzalo Delgadillo

3G2C7-LK201-EV1 Hostlink and Cable Info @ MrPLC.com

hi Jay, Thanks for the advice. I need a little help with this. I downloaded the file you suggested to build the cable to connect my PC to the C40K but I couldn't figure out how to build it correctly. The C40K has 3 "doors" in the front, each one with one socket or connector, and I don't know in which one I must connect my serial cable from the PC. The "door" in the left has the socket base for the ROM-H. The "door" a little low in the center has a 48 holes female connector. And the "door" in the right has a 26 pins male connector. I assume I should use one of the two connectors but I don't know which one. Please be so kind to tell which one I should use to connect the cable and which are the numbers of each pin or hole in that connector to make the proper connections. Once again, thanks in advance for your support. Gonzalo Delgadillo

The reason you can't figure out how to make the cable is that you missed the fact that you need another piece of equipment called a Hostlink. There is no way to connect serially without this additional piece of equipment that fits on the top of the C40K. Read the whole technote again.

This is the hostlink you need on ebay today for $59.00. C20K Hostlink on ebay.com