Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Modicon Information

2 posts in this topic

I'm fairly new to working with PLC's (its been about 1 year). At my plant we use Modicon. I work with 984's Quantums and some Momentums. I currently use ProWorxNxt but am wondering what other options are out there. Is there any other way to program plcs besides ladder logic? I have heard of Concept but I'm not really sure what it is. I have used a demo of ProWorx32. This site seems like it might be a good source of info so im going to take a look around.

More info on Modicon can be found at www.us.telemecanique.com as Schneider has decided to use the Telemecanique name on the PLCs. As for programming, depending on the CPU you can use Concept, which is IEC 61131 and supports the 5 IEC programming languages. But this is only available on certain CPUs within the Modicon line. As for programming software if you stick with Modicon 984 ladder logic, I would STRONGLY recommend Fastrak Softworks PLC WOrkshop for Modicon 32-Bit. It's far faster and more stable than ProWORX 32. Check www.fast-soft.com for info on this and a demo package.