Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

From an e-mail -->AB:Micrologix 1200 with a real t

3 posts in this topic

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by Francis Chung (chungfr@ipoline.com) on Friday, April 4, 2003 at 13:07:20 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- question: Usage comments: Hi, I am using an AB:Micrologix 1200 with a real time clock to activate a buzzer to schedule the activities in the shop of our company. However, I have to adjest the time twice a year for daylight saving. Recently, I tried to add a few rungs to the ladder file to adjust the time automatically, but I found out that I could not use the MOVE, ADD and SUB instructions to change the value of the RTC:0.HR (Calendar Hour)in the RTC field. It has to do it manually. So far I've no idea how to do that. Will someone give me a hand ? I am lookin forward to hear someone's assistance. With best Regards, Francis.

I didn't play with RTC but this doesn't mean that you are stuck. I am sure someone else will come with ideas. I worse case, instead of changing RTC, you can copy it to PLC memory and modify there at will. regards

This is RSLogix 500 Inormation. Local File Address When MSGing to/from Real Time Clock Function Files in MicroLogix 1200 Series B and C, MicroLogix 1500 LSP Series B and C, or MicroLogix 1500 LRP Series B and C processors: The Local File Address can only address the Real Time Clock (RTC) function file by the programming software when using Target Device Type 500CPU. The Local File Address can only address the RTC function file in a MSG Write instruction by the programming software when the Target File Address targets an RTC file. The Local File Address can only address the RTC function file in a MSG Write instruction by the programming software when the Target File Address targets an integer file. RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002 Good Luck