Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric.Noe

Braumat anyone?

5 posts in this topic

I have a pretty big issue w/ our Step7/Braumat system. I for a brewery / contract packaging company, and i have been dubbed "IT". Im new to automation / programming but i have learned a lot in trying to resolve this issue. If there is anyone here that thinks they could help, please let me know. Here is a very vague description of my problem. Two of out AI's (PT-100 to RTD's) are not reading correctly. They are erroring out at the low limit set up in the program. Its something within the software. All of the hardware has been swapped out and works in other locations. Known working hardware has been put into the physical loation of the hardware that is malfunctioning and nothing works in the "bad" spots. Ive been on another forum and got a huge response with a lot of great ideas, but they didnt really get me anywhere. I can get a lot more detailed if someone wants to take a stab at this. Thanks. .eric

Hi Eric. As I have followed the thread on the other forum, then at least I know that you have one problem with the RTD modules not responding. You must be able to read data from PIW536/538 or IW536/538. If you also have a problem with wrong addressing in the Braumat software is possible, but fixing the first problem is step 1. From the other thread: Did you check the "Hardware Diagnostics", or only the "Diagnostics Buffer" in STEP7 ? One more thing that I thought of: Did you exchange everything, not just the RTD modules ? In particular, did you exchange the ET200L-SC base that the RTD modules install into ? What about terminal blocks ?

Jesper... Where do i find the "Hardware Diagnostics"? In response to your other question, yes i have replaced EVERY piece of hardware from the ET200L down to the PT-100 (wiring also). We had an issue similar to this before, and all it took to fix it was to "shuffle" the cards within the ET200L. This worked on another module, however, i didnt on this one. .eric

Hi Eric, you find the Hardware Diagnostics in the STEP7 Manager, in the project tree browse to the PLC, rightclick on it - on the menu that appears you will find the "Module Information" that you use to access the CPU (For the Diagnostics Buffer for example). In the same menu you will also find the Hardware Diagnostics. It will give much more precise information about status/problems on the Profibus network, down to individual modules in the ET200L stations. Good luck, Jesper