Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Gary Harrigan

proworx nxt printing

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to print a program from proworx nxt 2.2 by generating an adobe pdf or printing across a network. It doesn't work. Tech support at modicon knows the software doesn't work and told me to use andale mono line draw. this generates ladder logic that requires landscape page setup. and looks terrible. I have been an Allen Bradley user for 20+ years and have never run into any type of garbage like this. The software cannot go online without running an .exe file for windows explorer and after annotating the program now I can't print it. this software (proworx nxt) is close to the worst package I have ever worked with. any suggestion on how to get a printout without jumping through hoops?

If you think NXT is bad, you should see it's sequel... ProWORX 32. It's an even bigger piece of crap. After I installed Acrobat Professional 7, I had a printer called Adobe PDF, and I printed to it fine from within NXT. The other recommendation they make is to make sure that if you're printing to a network printer, you map it to an LPT port (used to be required for DOS apps). Their main recommendation to us was always print to a local printer on LPT1, which of course we all have right?

Gary, If you need to work with your Modicon PLCs and the Proworx NXT for the forseeable future, I suggest you take a look at FasTrak SoftWorks, 32 Bit Windows application for the Modicon controllers. It is named PLC WorkShop for Modicon - 32 bit. It is an absolute 32 Bit Windows application, and has been for about 5 years. I'd be glad to provide you with further information, a demo CD, or any upgrade pricing options from your NXT. Feel free to contact me. Jim Rozewicz FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. jim@fast-soft.com 262.238.8088 www.fast-soft.com

I never thought nxt was that bad. It may be lacking some bells and whistles, but has all the functionality I've ever needed. Hands down would I prefer to use it over Concept or 32 if given the choice. I remember being able to print to PDF. Not sure what the problem could be. Did you test your printer using another program? A quick way to do what Chris is talking about: net use LPT3: \\yourserver\adobeprinter net use LPT3: /delete

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% %%[ Error: AndaleMonoLineDraw cannot be embedded because of licensing restrictions. ]%% %%[ Font vendor (Agfa Monotype Corporation) does not permit this font to be embedded in PDF. ]%% [Warning] The font AndaleMonoLineDraw could not be embedded because of licensing restrictions. Text may display incorrectly on platforms that do not have this font installed. %%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: show; ErrorInfo: CharOffsets %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% Obvious from the Lister.log file it is not supported due to licensing from the Font creator....

Hello Gary; I have had good luck just printing to file as a postscript document, which comes out as plain text, but usually the wrong font. I then copy and paste all into a word document and change the font to Andale Mono line draw. From there you can do anything you want with it. I use both Allen Bradley and Proworx NXT all the time, and they each have their quirks. You'll find a way to make this work. Cheers, Speakerman.