Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffie

A bit lost

5 posts in this topic

To give you a bit of background on this. A few months ago I was able to pick-up a Kitamura Model O machineing center. Was told it had a Fanuc control on it. When I recieved it I found out different. As I have been going through it and repairing small things. I have found it is in great shape. Every switch, wire, and such was labeled and was made by a major manufacture. When I recieved the machine they told me the monitor had gone out. So in the process of removeing the board and checking all joints, a part fell off. This board is very well marked by Kitamura with factory numbers on everything. This board has a Sharp CPU LH0080A. The PLC is a SYSMAC C60P-CDR-A. The part is marked OTA-2. 8 in line pins, Black with a small number on the bottem (8714). The location on the board is marked OTA-2 I.C.82. I can not find this anywhere. Any Ideas? Jeff

Fell of what ? Can you post a photo !?

That part appears to be a hybrid circuit. Many mfgr's do that. If you look carefully, you can see bumps that possibly resemble IC's and resistors. I do not recognise the part number, which also makes me think it is a hybrid. The OTA2 IC-82 is identifying the schematic part number. It is the 82nd IC used. The 8714 is the date code. If you look at the board, you should be able to see which way it was installed by comparing it with other parts. Usually pin 1 has a dot on the part and the board has pin 1 marked. You could try to use small diameter wire from 1/4 to 1/8 watt resistors to re-connect it. It does take a little time, but can be done. Generally, the mfgr will not sell you the individual part, just the complete board. Edited by OIDMBTRTECH