Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Fido100

Problem with using CPU time

9 posts in this topic

I have need to use CPU current time in a program. I have used block from libraries SFC 1 READ_CLK for reading Date and Time, and FC8 DT_TOD for taking out the time. For variables I had used shared DB. Every time I start the program CPU goes to STOP. In diagnostic buffer there is an error: “Event ID 16# 530D” “New startup information in STOP mode” When I remove FC8 problem stops to occur. Is there some other (better) way to take out current system time of CPU (as variable in TOD)?

Use the "read clock" module, and read the Y/M/D/H:S in the DB. You will even get 4 bits that indicates wich day it is 1=Monday.....7=saturday. mail me and I will return a pdf of how to do it... kwoyjmi@enigma.se Best regards

1=Sunday.....7=saturday. sry kwoyjmi@enigma.se Best regards

In the diagnostics buffer there are more information than what you have posted. There will be some details as to the reason why the fault occurs. You could post the entire diagnostics buffer here (the last 3-4 entries). Without knowing more I gues that it could be: Call of FC8 without the FC8 having been downloaded to the CPU. Or some of parameters being passed to FC8 are not of the right type or does not exist on the CPU.

Event 4 of 120: Event ID 16# 530D New startup information in STOP mode Startup prevented by: - Cold restart or warm restart necessary Startup information: - Time for time stamp at the last backed up power on - Single processor operation Current/last startup type: - Cold restart triggered via MPI Permissibility of certain startup types: - Manual warm restart permitted Last valid operation or setting of automatic startup type at power on: - Warm restart triggered via MPI Operating mode: STOP (internal) Incoming event 07:35:28:091 am 07/19/05 Event 5 of 120: Event ID 16# 530D New startup information in STOP mode Startup prevented by: - STOP request exists - Cold restart or warm restart necessary Startup information: - Time for time stamp at the last backed up power on - Single processor operation Current/last startup type: - Cold restart triggered via MPI Permissibility of certain startup types: - Manual warm restart permitted Last valid operation or setting of automatic startup type at power on: - No startup type/following memory reset Operating mode: STOP (internal) Incoming event 07:35:13:103 am 07/19/05 Event 6 of 120: Event ID 16# 530D New startup information in STOP mode Startup prevented by: - STOP request exists Startup information: - Time for time stamp at the last backed up power on - Single processor operation Current/last startup type: - Cold restart triggered via MPI Permissibility of certain startup types: - Manual warm restart and manual hot restart permitted Last valid operation or setting of automatic startup type at power on: - No startup type/following memory reset Operating mode: STOP (internal) Incoming event 07:34:29:791 am 07/19/05

The Diagnostics Buffer entries that you have posted are not the relevant ones. They only tell that an attempt to start the CPU was made (by you from STEP7 I guess). Browse further down in the list. There must be at least one entry that say "OBxx not loaded". Post the entire text from that entry.

I find it: Event 7 of 120: Event ID 16# 457F STOP caused by STOP command Breakpoint in user program: Programming error OB (OB121) Priority class: 1 FC number: 150 Module address: 66 Previous operating mode: RUN Requested operating mode: STOP (internal) Internal error, Incoming event 07:34:29:788 am 07/19/05 Event 8 of 120: Event ID 16# 253C FC not loaded FC number: 8 FC number: 150 Module address: 70 Requested OB: Programming error OB (OB121) Priority class: 1 Internal error, Incoming event 07:34:29:788 am 07/19/05 In Step7 help you have example how to read and adjust clock. I use part for reading the clock. When I remove FC8 TD_DOT everything works perfect.

FC not loaded FC number: 8 FC number: 150 The above means that a call to FC8 in FC150 cannot be executed because FC8 isnt loaded on the PLC. You have to copy FC8 from the standard library to your project, and then download it to the PLC. If there is an FC8 allready, then you must rename the FC8 from the standard library to something else and modify the call in FC150 accordingly.