Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PAW

CQM1H PLC

17 posts in this topic

HI, I have a omron CQM1H plc however I don't have a programming cable and software? how does the cable look like? I am just a beginner and I want to learn plc. I have also a fuji VFD from what I know they control the speed of a motor but I really don't know how to start using or programming it. Maybe you can help me also with that? thanks, paw

For the programming cable see Omron serial cables @ MrPLC.com The programming software would be CX-programmer. To find your nearest Omron office, look here. Good. Then you're already half way. Can't help you with that though. Dunno Fuji.

pdl thanks for your reply, I will try to post here the terminal layout of the vfd, maybe that time you can help me. regards, paw

hi, Anybody here who knows the pinout of the peripheral port of the CQM1H PLC and is it possible to make your own cable knowing those pinout, so that the plc can communicate with the pc instead of using a protocol converter? if yes how? thanks billy

You might want to check this topic. As far as I know it's not a protocol converter rather a physical converter. But just buy the converter and save yourself the risk of damaging your peripheral bus. Repair costs will be equal or near to new cost. why do I have this feeling I'm telling this in vain

Because everyone else who has asked about making this cable has proved your feeling.

hello pdl, here are the terminal layout for fuji vfd that I've ask before. I attached them here.

I understand some of it and I want to here from you guys out here. Thanks

Hello Paw, Can you post here the model of your Fuji inverter? You can see the model on the label attached on it. Regards

Hi PAW, I like challenges but if you're starting PLC's and you want to learn what you can do with this drive and how to control it is a bit too much to handle at once I think. The manual of the drive should give you enough information on how to control. Basically you can use digital signals to control the motor (on/off/reverse etc), and an analog signal to control the variable speed. After all, a frequency drive is suited to control motors at variable speeds as you already mentioned. Or u can use digital speed step signals. I suggest you work your way to the manual that GreyWolf posted, I'm sure once you know how to utilize the PLC's possibilities you will have no difficulty in learning the drive. Good luck

grey, the model is FVR0.4E9S-7 input: 1 phase 200-240v 7.7A 50/60 hz ouput: 3 phase 0.4kw 200-240V 3A 0.2-400Hz hope that helps. pdl thanks, I don't have a programming software and cable for the omron plc but I have here a mitsu FX0 and I am using medoc with 20 I/O regards, paw

Ok,Paw! I'll try to find out something about it.

Hi , Paw Right now I have in my hands the "Fuji general-purpose inverter FVR-E9S-EN Series" instruction manual but I have no possibility to send it to you,so I've tried to find it out on Internet . NO CHANCE ! HOW COULD THIS BE POSSIBLE? I found something for you and I hope to be useful .It is an instruction manual for FVR-E11S Series. Regards MEH404a.pdf

hello grey, thanks a lot! and thank you for your time and effort. I appreciate it very much, you spend your time for helping me out. I think the ES11 will help, what I am really after is to know the functions of each terminal and they are on the manual you provided. Both are fuji product, so they are very similar. thanks a million! regards, paw

Hi Paw, No problem , you're wellcome anytime ! Regards