Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Win XP SP2

5 posts in this topic

Just curious, my general opinion is if it aint broke then don;t fix it.. So since i am happy to run all my PLC related software at the moment on a SP1 machine even a couple of old DOS programs still seem to work..What is the general consensus on upgrading to SP2.. Should I / Should'nt I, any problems we should know about ??? comments appreciated....

We are only developing on SP2. We upgraded everything several months ago. We have seen no insurmountable problems.

I updated both my laptop and desk top to SP2 when it first came out. I also have the auto update feature turned on. I try to keep all of my windows software as updated as possible. I have had not issues running any software including DOS based programs.

Thanks folks, i appreciate the feed back

I had no problems with RS until XP. Then I had to change to UIC (from PIC) because hardware/XP kept killing any HMI connected on the network. After UIC, no problems...until SP2. I had to disable my firewall, or manual browse, until I used the patch for SP2 from AB. All it contains is firewall config info for the firewall to let comms pass thru. After the patch, things have gone VERY smoothly. Good luck!!