Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrey Zhuk

CPM2A/CP2C

8 posts in this topic

What recommendations on use RS-232C/Peripheral Port Servicing Time for CPM2A are?

Why do you want to change it?

That's a good question with clear intention ! I think he wants to get advice on how peripheral & serial device can be serviced quicker.

I did a project using a CPM2C and an NT2ST HMI. I used an OMRON CMP2C-CIF01-V1 adaptor. It plugs into the peripheral port and lets the HMI and programming cables plug in simultanously. I used a peripheral cable for the HMI to allow using the 5 vdc supply of the CPU to power the HMI. I used a C200H-CN229-EU programming cable to program both units. In the CMP2C manuals, both operations and programming, there are multiple examples of how to connect both peripherally and serially for HMI and/or networking. The switch positions are also shown with theses examples. If you do not have either manual, they are available for download at the OMRON technical library.

Problem: not clear mistakes at an exchange on the interface. Has collected the stand: CPM2A-> port RS-232-> convertor RS--232/RS-485-> E5CK. I send in a cycle " @01RX... ", Usually I receive " @01RX00... " But sometimes (without law) I receive "? @01RX00... " where ? - byte (changeable). (The same effect and at an exchange with other temperature regulators and with inverters (3G3MV)) . Has established " Port Servicing Time " =10 %. In current of 30 minutes of mistakes was not. Therefore also it would be desirable recommendations.

Has received such answer from Omron Electronics Oy:

Hi, We have completed many serial different serial applications and have not yet needed to change the peripheral servicing time. The CPM2A is fast. (I am not saying you don't need to in your case) Couple of other things to consider... Is the reception buffer for the port showing zero 'bytes received' prior to executing the TXD ? You are using an RS232 to RS485 converter, is it possible the converter timing for switching from send to receive is causing the port to see some reflection (garbage) at times ? What type of RS232/485 converter is it? Do you have terminating resistors fitted? Nibroc

CJ1W-CIF11 In parallel on RS485 has connected PC. I see process of an exchange. Superfluous bytes are not present. For CPM2A & CJ1W-CIF11 has found out: than below speed (19200 - 2400) that appears the answer with "superfluous" byte in the beginning is more often