Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest benjo

MEDOC software

12 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a plc FX0-20MR, however I don't have a software so that I can create a program and learn more about the plc. I heard that medoc is the software for fx plc's. Just want to ask if anybody can send a MEDOC software or any software that can communicate with the said plc? regards, benjo

give me your email and will send you a copy of medoc
1 person likes this

Big Country, Please don't do this. We don't want to encourage this. I can only asks that you not and hope that you follow through. Thank you.

Try this link for a download. http://www.plcman.co.uk/page6.html

Hi Is MEDOC still copyright? It seems to be readily available for download from so many sources. plcman www.wolfelectrical.co.uk

Actually it is still copyrighted software. But it's been discontinued by Mitsubishi, and seems to be freely passed around the net. I have never seen anything from Mitsu releasing it to the public domain.

In the old days, Mitsubishi tech support just gave me copies of medoc. As I understand it, Medoc was written by Beijers, and meau had exclusive distribution rights in the US only. Everywhere else Beijers could sell it. In Japan they used gpp. A couple of years ago Beijers just gave me a copy of medoc 2.41 (I won't pass about copies of it, ask Beijers for it). Mitsubishi just gave me a copy of Melsec Medoc Plus (a winders version), but it wasn't worth the price. This was also written by Beijers. More recently, I had to buy GX Developer and I've upgraded it twice, paying both times. It seems that the widespread giving away of Medoc is probably why it's still happening. However, the copyrights still belong to Meau and Beijers. I did end up buying Medoc three times, twice to give to customers (even tho meau gave me a copy, I didn't feel it's my place to give it away) and once to have the printed manual. I also prefer to own legitimate copies of anything I use professionally.

Sorry ,that this has ruffled a few feathers but I beleive that if we buy te PLC and intergrate it ,then we shouldn't have to pay a ridicoulus amount for software to program them.

And that brings up the huge can of worms that is the price of software development. I strongly disagree that $650 (list, actual cost is closer to $500) for GX-Developer-FX is unreasonable. You buy it once and use it for as many PLC projects as you want. I've done no less than 30. So for me, it was less than $20 per project for the programming tool. And writing a package like this is not cheap. It's not like Microsoft Word, where they will defray the cost over 30 million copies. They sell to a much more limited range of customers, and still have to pay for hours and hours of somebody's programming time. Unreasonable is Modicon, at over 5 grand! ProWORX 32 is 5195, Concept is 5000, I don't know what Unity is. Unreasonable is AB RSLogix5000 at 2500. Even the full blown GX-Developer for all PLCs is only around $1300. I'm sure this will start a whole new argument on software...

Well arguments is not what I'm here for it's to share my experience and gain knowledge from others. I never looked at it like you explained and that just shed a whole new light on it for me.

But exactly this means unfair privilege for large quantity consumers. Spreading the software cost among the hardware looks more fair and free software with every unit could attract many new users to the brand. The issue was discussed almost exactly a year ago: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic...st=0entry8548 Edited by Sergei Troizky

Concerning the software development cost. I suspect it is comparable to the cost of housing change when switched from FX0 to FX1 (the old housing was better, imho). And it is definitely lower than developing a new PLC family. I mean the oncoming AB ML1100. Imagine free RSLogix500 while ML1100 still does not exist. Or even free Medoc with FX1N looking like FX0N. What would you prefer? Edited by Sergei Troizky