Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nass89

A2E CPU

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an old CPU from Mitsubishi. I must transfer the PLC program from a PC to it. I am new to Mitsubishi PLC but had many expriences with SIEMENS S5 and S7 PLCs. The CPU is "A2E CPU". I think it is a A2A series PLC. - Which software do I need? GX or MEDOC? - Do SC09 cable work with it, or I need another cable? Thanks in advance.

SC-09 is proper cable if you are connecting directly to CPU. GX will do. You can download 15-day demo version. MEDOC used to be free for download. Not sure if still is, I never used it. It's DOS based program but I think it should support A series processors.

Hi, Thanks for reply. I have GX developer and MEDOC, but in neither of them "A2E CPU" is selectable. Which CPU shoul I select? A2C, A2, A2S and A2A are selectable. Should I slect "A2A"? Do you know where can I find the pin definition of the CPU interface? Is it 100% compatible with SC09?

Sorry, I wasn't registered. I post it again. Hi, Thanks for reply. I have GX developer and MEDOC, but in neither of them "A2E CPU" is selectable. Which CPU shoul I select? A2C, A2, A2S and A2A are selectable. Should I slect "A2A"? Do you know where can I find the pin definition of the CPU interface? Is it 100% compatible with SC09?

To find out which CPU you must choose - go online with it without transferring the program. At the bottom of the screen GX will tell you which CPU it thinks it is connected to - choose that one AS for the SC09 there are lots of posts on this site about making your own Personally, I will always buy one (I would not want to blow either my laptop or probably worse someone elses PLC)