Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BEJO

MODICON 984 685E

4 posts in this topic

IF I WONT TRANSFER FILE TO PLC. PLC STOP AND ERASE PROGRAM BUT COMPUTER CANT TRANSFER FILE TO PLC

I don't recall if that 984 had a memory protect switch on it. Check for a switch labeled MEM PROT and turn it off. If it has one, it will be visible on the front of the CPU. Perhaps there is a logic error in your program and it won't download it because it's invalid code? Perhaps you have a different processor type selected? What software are you trying to use???

IF I WONT TRANSFER FILE TO PLC. PLC STOP AND ERASE PROGRAM BUT COMPUTER CANT TRANSFER FILE TO PLC verify : Configure : plc and PC identical ASCII : panel messege and PLC messege identical Program : after count 404 out of program state & extended : fail state :fail modsoft ver 2.21, mem protect :off, off line program :check no error. if i tray on line: PC and PLC can on line but no program found. MESSEGE : 984, nOT LOGGED IN OR USER LOGGED IN ON ANOTHER PORT MODBUS: ERROR CODE 169

With the old Modicon software, if you're online, you're editing the PLC memory directly, not the program you opened in the software. This in my opinion has always been a bad idea. Sounds like you do not have the PLC configuration set correctly, as far as the values for number of 0x, 1x, 3x, and 4x addresses allowed. Perhaps you have set these numbers too high and run out of memory?