Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfuller

Adding I/O to CQM1

3 posts in this topic

I have an existing CQM1 CPU 22. It's current config, form left to right, is two 16 point DC input cards, two 16 point DC output cards and then some analog cards. I have the need to replace the second 16 point input card with a 32 point. I thought it was as simple as changeing the card because the CQM1 should address it by location (Inputs start at 000 and outputs at 100). However, when I install the card, this card and every card there after will not function. I also get a error in CX programmer stating 'IO unit over'. Since there is no IO table to configure, I am not sure how to get this card recognized. In addition, I am curious how the extra word is addressed. Is it IR003 or IR002. something? Your help is appreciated.

With the CPU 21 (there is no 22) you are limited to 8 I/O words or 128 points. You don't say how many analog points you have but each point uses one word. Adding a 32 point card to the PLC increases the number of words used by 1. This will cause the IO Unit Over error.

jfuller, if the analog cards are input cards, there adresses should have changed since you replace the 16bits input card to a 32 one. Add "1" to the inputs cards that are plugged from the right of the card you have changed.