Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkelleyus

Quantum Programming Software

2 posts in this topic

Hi Folks... I'm a plant engineer and have a facility full of A/B stuff... and one lonely Quantum that runs a fairly important piece of equipment. We have all the A/B software, and I have Concept 2.2 but find it really lacking in documenting the LL like the Logix line does... so I need to think about Proworx or a similar package.... but the pricing of this stuff scares me to death! Doesn't a develper offer a package like this for only monitoring and maintenance applications? Holy smokes... I don't want to develop any programming for this thing... just keep it running and do the occaisional 'tweaks'. I wouldn't mind spending $500 or so... but that seems to be nowhere near what these guys want for Citech or Proworx. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If you've got Concept, your program could have been written in IEC or 984 ladder. If it's IEC, your only bet is Concept. If it's 984 logic, then you can also use Proworx or others. Best bet is Fastrak Softworks PLC Workshop for Modicon 32-bit. But it will set you back a bunch more than $500. Stick with the software you have. There's nothing big you'll gain by switching to a different package. What kind of documenting is it you can't do? There's a bunch of documentation capabilities in Concept. Granted I'm more familiar with 2.5 and 2.6, but you should be able to comment all your code in 2.2.