Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

FIFO instruction in GX

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Could some one help me with the FIFO instruction available in the GX developer software?. This First in First out instruction appears as a FIRE function i.e. to read a Table. I would like help by in using this by way of example or even text from the software manual. This is because no help is available in GX itself. Only a 1 line explanation is there. Most obliged if any body could help me Raj S. Iyer

manuals are available for download from www.meau.com such as IB(NA)66250-H type ACPU_QCPU-A (A Mode) (Common Instructions) Programming Manual. I'm not familiar with FIRE instruction. Maybe you think of FIFR? If so check the section 7.5 of the manual under Application instructions.

Hi rajsiyer, No FIRE function. FIFR- FIFO Table Read FIFW- FIFO Table Write Either of these two instructions can have a P added to them to react only on the first logic pulse. (FIFRP, FIFWP). This simplifies the circuit slightly (well, for me). FIFR: Example FIFR D100 D0 Instructs PLC to read first data register (D1) from FIFO table (D0....Dn) and stor it in D100. It also moves all registers up, etc. Note: Be sure that you do not read from a FIFO table of zero length, ie. D0 > 0. Hope this helps.
1 person likes this

OK, FIFW: Example FIFW D101 D0 This instruction will write the contents of D101 into the FIFO table starting at D0. FIFO Table: 1st reg: Index register (Number of records) 2nd reg: Data .. nth reg: Data Other usefull functions which I use when manipulating the FIFO data table: FDEL- Deletes a record from a FIFO table. FINS- Inserts a record into a FIFO table. SER- Seareches for specified data, then reports back how many occurences there are and where the first is.