Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JouniK

C200H-CN222 (C200H-CN422) programming cable

13 posts in this topic

I need the wiring diagram for the cable between the CPM or CQM1 and the C200h-PRO27 console. The code is C200H-CN222 (or C200H-CN422), so if anyone has the cable, could you please measure the connections. The connectors don't have numbers, so you'll have to point out from which corner of the connector you start.

Some people really are turned on doing it the hard way. Peripheral_Connector_Wiring.pdf

What are you talking about? First of all, i asked about all the info you had on the port in the other conversation and you said you don't know anything else, also that doesn't give the wiring diagram. I don't know what the h-link and tool signals are and if they are needed here, so i do need the wiring diagram no matter what, but thank you anyway for the PDF.

You know, I come across things daily. So at any point in time, my knowledge is static. As I come across little tidbits, they get put in my technotes file. Now, you are the recipient of my most recent knowledge.

Well thank you, i do appriciate it. Anyone with the cable, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to measure the wiring, so please help me out.

Sorry, don't have one. Doesn't the document show the connections? I'm pretty sure that the cable is a straight through connection with the modifications noted in the document.

That's very possible. I measured another cable, which is c200h-cn131, which is a i/o cable for c200 with which you can for example connect a NT20S to the c200h. It's a straight through cable, but who knows what kind of traps they put in the cables just to make them incompatible. I don't want to break anything and it's a simple thing to measure the cable, if only someone had one. Maybe i'll give it a shot this weekend, if noone else answers. I'm not quite sure what you mean with "modifications noted in the document", unless you mean the that the connection has extra signals compared to rs232. Edited by JouniK

JouniK, as far as I know OMRON doesn't put "traps" in their cables. They wire them in a certain pin-out to get them to WORK. If you don't like the wiring pin-outs, changing them will lead to FAILURE. Buy the cable and forget the pinouts.

Why not just buy the cable like the rest of us? Spend your time on things you can't buy.

3 reasons: 1) I have the connectors and i can make the cable myself. 2) This is not some job i'm doing for someone. This is totally hobby/learning stuff only and i don't have a client to charge money for. 3) The cable would cost some outrageous amount of moula, which i don't have, and out of principle wouldn't pay to get a piece of wires. Really, it's just a few pieces of wire, how can it cost? Manufacturing the cable costs like a cent or something, so how come it costs me 1000 times more? I think there should be some kind of sense in the pricing these things. Just because it says omron on it, doesn't mean it's anything else than those few pieces of wire. It really does piss me of, that you pay huge amounts of money for the hardware, that does all the actual work, and then you have to pay that amount or more again for the nuts'n bolts to make it all work. That's just plain weird in my book. You might think, that it's fine to pay the money for all the little things, but i think there should be some kind of focus on what's really worth it, would make everything so much easier. (i just wanted to thoroughly explain this point, so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings, not to rant) I don't want to turn this into a conversation about markets and stuff. If someone can provide the wiring diagram, that's good, if not, let the topic die. Off to sleep. Edited by JouniK

The wiring diagram was provided to you in the first response

Excuse me, but to my knowledge that's a pinout, not a wiring diagram. You can't see from that, if the cable has loops for example, like so many rs232 cables do. Anyway i decided to try the cn131 cable and it seemed to work. Still this is how i would've liked this whole conversation to go: |Me: does anyone have the wiring diagram for the c200h-cn222 cable, that connects between the |c200h-pro27 and the PLC? |- |Someone: I know/I measured the cable and it's a straight through cable. |- |Me: Thank you very much.