Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Darryl

A1N with AJ71c24 multilink Module Errors

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am working on Mitsubishi PLC Rack system A1NCPU with 1 AJ71C24 multilink module. 1 Ouput Module, 1 Input Module 1 module with encoders hooked to it and 1 analog Module. Interface is a Mitsubishi MTA 250 Terminal screen tied to the AJ71C24 Multilink Module through the RS422/485. In the begining we replaced the AJ71C24 with a new module because the PLC was Flashing the Error Light when powered up and all the AJ71C24 lights would all light and had Comm Error on the MTA250. I removed the AJ71C24 and the error light would stop flashing on the PLC and the run light would light on the PLC. Once I replaced the AJ71C24, the A1N Error light quit flashing and after setting the baud rate mode etc. on the new AJ71C24 the normal run lights come on and the rest are off. The problem is now with the AJ71C24 and the MTA250 I press F2 which is suposed to run the test procedure. The procedure tries to begin tentioners move and then all the lights on the AJ71C24 light up and the output module goes out. Testing machine stops and Comm Error appears on the MTA250 and the Error light on the A1N will flash. Everything will reset by powering off or pressing the machine reset which will clear all the errors on the PLC, the AJ71C24 module, and the MTA250 but the same happens when I try again. I tried to download the ladder with Medoc but it fails. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's as where to go next. And does the AJ71C24 module have a program in it that maybe I didn't get in the new module or is it just an interface module. I am used to FX and not A1N any help would be appreciated. Also one other question I have the GX Developer FX software. And a SC05 cable will GX Developer talk to the A series PLC? All I could find in the software is FX PLC types. Thank You darryl

1. check wiring (and terminations) 2. check settings 3. check PLC program 4. check if the MTA250 has proper driver installed or selected (i never used such device but other HMIs require driver and I cannot find manual for it on Mitsubishi website) FX version of GX developer will only work with FX PLCs.

1. check wiring (and terminations) I check these several times to verify the SD RD where correctly terminated. "2. check settings" I set the baud rate, Parity etc... in accordance with the MTA250 Manual for installation with the AJ71C24 MTA Manual. "3. check PLC program" This I haven't been able to do this. The download of the Ladder fails toward the end of the transfer with Medoc Dos Software. I was hoping to use GxDeveloper. "4. check if the MTA250 has proper driver installed or selected (i never used such device but other HMIs require driver and I cannot find manual for it on Mitsubishi website)" I can see A1N listed on the MTA250 "PLC Type" Screen. And have it choosen. It also displays it at the beginning of the boot process before continuing to the main menu. Can a driver possibly go bad? "FX version of GX developer will only work with FX PLCs. " I was afraid of that. Thanks

one more thing, usually you have to specify target processor (A1N) and also connection point (AJ71C24). If you don't, MTA250 (or whatever) will think it is connected to CPU port directly and - you would have no comms.