Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TechJunki

Omron SYSMAC C28K PLC

12 posts in this topic

I hava a Omron Sysmac C28K PLC that has the error light on solid and is obviously not working. I am trying to connect to this dinasour but am not sure of Cable and Software to use... Is there software or is it just a hand held interface?? I do have a GE handheld interface that looks as though it will plug in but I will need an extension cable as the plug on the interface is not long enough. Does anyone know if this GE handheld will work?? Also... If anyone has any ideas what to look for as far as the error light is concerned, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Maybe you could find an explanation of your error in the manuals: C##K Manuals @ MrPLC.com

I have no way of finding the error other than the error light, as I have no way to hook-up to the controller, nor am I sure what I need to do so. I have the installation manual but it is of little help. Just a thought....but If the power was cycled on this unit and the battery was dead, could the loss of the program cause the error light to be on. Edited by TechJunki

Yes a missing end instruction usually causes an error light...

Is their any software available for download to communicate with this PLC. Thanks

I think you should use either LSS 3.02 DOS Software for Omron PLCs or SSS 1.13 DOS Software for Omron C and CV PLCs. I'm affraid I can't be much of a help, never used these giants before neither any handeld programmer... had the luxury to start my programming days in Syswin. Its a matter of wating till some of the other members wake up

No worries that's what we are here for.

You may ask your Omron local distributors for CQM1-PRO01-E programming console or Syswin3.41 programming software.

Yes, U can use this prog console or syswin3.4 . But U still need interface/adapter as the port connection is slightly different. Sorry, I forget the terminal adapter order number for it . Any one know, pls posted.

C500-AP003

I have 3 C28K's and you need 3g2c7-lk201-ev1 to convert the weirdo port to rs232, which i only have one. Unfortunately it's not just a TTL-RS232 voltage converter, cause it's a huge box with tons of chips in it and dip switches to select connection speed. If i had the skills, i'd reverse engineer it, but i don't. If you have the box, then it's just a matter of making a very simple 9pin rs232 to 25 pin rs232 cable. Hopefully someone with the skills would reverse it and make a simple microcontroller (f.e.with microchip PIC) version of the box.