Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rod Souza

AD081-V1 Calibration

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to calibrate a "Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card" The manual says to do the following. 1. Place card in adjustment mode 2. Set input #1 by writing 0021 into CIO 2000 (Unit 0) 3. Turn on bit 00 (offset bit) of CIO n+1 (2001.00) 4. Monitor the conversion value in CIO n+8 (2008) 5. Conversion value reads 0004 6. Input a voltage value to make the conversion value read 0000 7. I input a negative voltage (-0.01V) conversion value now reads 0000 8. Turn bit 04 (set bit) of CIO 2001 on then off to write offset to EE-PROM 9. Offset Done turn off bit 00 of CIO 2000 10. Next do gain adjustment turn on bit 01 of CIO 2000 11. Monitor the conversion data in CIO n+8 (2008) 12. Input a voltage to make the conversion 7A0 (4000 or 10V) 13. I input a voltage of (10.047V) conversion value now reads 7A0 14. Turn bit 04 (set bit) of CIO 2001 on then off to write offset to EE-PROM 15 To finish turn off bit 01 (gain bit) of CIO n+1 (2001) Once completed I do not notice any difference in the conversion values. It seems like the offset and gain values failed to write to EE-PROM. Does anyone have any experiance in the offset/gain adjustment procedure that might shed some light on this problem. Thanks Rod Souza

Did you put the CPU in program mode before commencing the steps, which I checked to be OK. Only thing I would do is cycle the CPU power after step 9. Perhaps even modify the CPU startup mode to stop/program so that it enters program mode straight away after a power cycle. Edited by PdL

I forgot to mention that I did have the CPU in program mode. If you don't you get an error light on the analog card. I will try cycle the restart bit and/or cycle the power. Thanks Rod Souza