Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbrsystems

CompactLogix 1769-L32E and 20-COMM-E

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am trying to add (3) SMC-150's with 20-COMM-E interfaces to a CompactLogix 1769-L32E. When adding to the 20-COMM-E's to the RSLogix project, I get a warning that I need to check my installation of Drivetools 2000. I installed DriveTools 32 but this didn't help. Any suggestions for getting these SMC-150's connected to my L32E? Thanks, Leo

I think the DriveTools integration is only for those tabs on the Connection configuration that allow you to launch DriveTools for that particular device from it's I/O connection configuration within RSLogix 5000. Just cancel/click past those notices and you should be able to get the 20-COMM-E devices into the I/O tree okay; you just won't have the DriveTools functionality. I have only DriveExplorer Lite on my machine and I don't get those errors from Logix 5000 anymore.

Hello all, Installed DriveTools32 and DriveExplorer...no change. Still can't configure SMC-150's in Compact Logix (RSLogix 5000). Running Drive Explorer shows 20-Comm-E's and SMC-150's no problem. Call tech support...need DriveExecutive Lite installed. Comes with RSLogix 5000. My disks are in my drawer in my office several hours away. If it comes free with RSLogix 5000, why can't I download it online? I'm going to call tech support back and ask if they will send me a zipped version or tell me where I can download it. Thanks, Leonard