Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

Panelview 2711-KC1

6 posts in this topic

I've been asked to update this old, huge, no longer supported, CRT-type Panelview - Cat. No. 2711-KC1. It has a DH+ connection plus a 25 pin RS-232 serial interface port. Does anyone know if I can upload the program from this with my Panelbuilder32 software, and what type of cable I need to use? Thank you Percy

I don't think you can import that old app into PB32. The direct replacement for the 2711-KC1 is a PV 1000e, which uses a different flavor of PanelBuilder software. RA has a migration program called "Step Forward" where you can trade in your old unit and get a PV1000e, the new software, an import utility that allows you to import the old app into the PanelBuilder e software, upload/download cable, and an adapter plate to allow the new unit to fit into the existing cutout. Plus, they will give you a credit on your account with your AB distributor for 20% of the purchase price of the upgrade kit. Ask your distributor about P/N 2711E-UTCT10SW under the Step Forward program.

You have a PanelView 1200. You need (dos based) PDS software to modify the program. If you are wanting a different HMI, I would suggest Cutler Hammer Panelmates. You won't run into this obsolescence issue with their software, and it's much easier to work with than PanelBuilder. If you need the PDS software, PM me. PanelView_1200_2711_um011__en_p.pdf

Old software and hardware do tend to become obsolete. The 1200 has been around for a long time. You can also convert it to a PanelView Plus by first converting it to a PanelView1000E as mgvol indicated.

I have also the PDS dos software for the Panelview 1200. If you want I will send it to you. mulderm

On 24/5/2005 at 11:57 AM, OkiePC said:

You have a PanelView 1200. You need (dos based) PDS software to modify the program. If you are wanting a different HMI, I would suggest Cutler Hammer Panelmates. You won't run into this obsolescence issue with their software, and it's much easier to work with than PanelBuilder. If you need the PDS software, PM me. PanelView_1200_2711_um011__en_p.pdf

On 25/5/2005 at 0:59 PM, mulderm said:

I have also the PDS dos software for the Panelview 1200. If you want I will send it to you. mulderm

Hi guys, Can anyone send me the software? Have anyone de windows version of PanelBuilder 1200?

Thanks!