Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Xesusss

Micrologix 1200 Cable Conetion

3 posts in this topic

Hi I need information of the Allen-Bradley cable to conet a PC, with a serial port cable, to PLC Micrologix 1200. Can somebody send to me a homade solution?? Thanks

Take some advice from an old hand; buy the correct cable ! 1761-CBL-PM02 is only $50.00 USD. It's molded right-angle end fits flush with the controller top, and it has a snug notch in it that makes it very difficult to accidentally pull out of the MicroLogix 1200 controller housing. It works with all MicroLogix family controllers. If your time is worth less than $20.00 per hour, do the following: Get an old Appletalk cable from a computer surplus store. Cut it in half. Use pliers to flatten out the keying corners of the male plug. Wire it up according to the diagram in Rockwell Knowbase document G19095. Be always careful plugging this in; the keying corners won't protect you from plugging it in skewed or backwards and bending the pins. Be sure you didn't connect anything to Pin 1; it's +24 VDC and will fry your PC serial port. If you're already spending the money on an A-B controller, pony up the dough and buy an A-B cable.

Ken is correct, the the right angle connector has modifications that make it A-B and A-B only. I have a comm port on my Dell that is no longer alive because of "hurry up let's do it cheap". That opened a whole nother can of worms.