Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mirkaLRS

cant transfer program to cj1m cpu12

19 posts in this topic

Need help. I can't transfer my program to cj1m cpu12 plc. I use cx-programer ver.4.0 then I try to dowload program to cpu it's begin dowloading but stops somewere in the the midle of progres or earler. In error log apeare messeg about memory error 0x80F1. I look in memory area and find out that ther are chek sum error or program mistake, but then I compiling the program there are no errors.

Hi ! You have verified if is protected writing?

I had the same problem. Solution: lower the connection spreed from 115k to 19200 baud.

Perhaps you could try to clear the program first, and then download your program or even try an empty program !? Play around with the download speeds like Sako suggests, switch off Auto Detect baud rate! Otherwise turn your CPU in for repair/checkup at Omron. p.s. are u sure the error is connected to this event and isn't some old error?

Please repost Dramesh_babu, I would like to know your contribution, I'm sure something went wrong during posting Edited by PdL

Thanks U understood! This one! mem_protect.doc

hi, i have a cj1m-cpu21, i try to load program with compact flash. i have buy a 64 mb cf and format it fat16. then load autoexec.obj and other project file in cf. i plug cf and switch 2 and reboot plc, but eccours memory error 0x80f1. where is the problem sorry for my terrible english

Hello toTAZ, What is the value in A403? Bit 0 - ON = Checksum or illegal instruction - check the program Bit 4 - ON = PLC Setup error - clear PLC setup and reset Bit 5 - ON = IO Table error - re-create the IO table Bit 7 - ON = Routing Table error - initialize and re-create Bit 8 - ON = CPU Bus unit error - initialize Bus setup Bit 9 - ON = Memory Card error - Is the card installed correctly / is the correct file on the card? Bit 10 - ON = CPU Unit is faulty - replace unit. Hope this helps a bit Regards anonymous

thanks anonymous , bit 9 is on, "Memory Card error - Is the card installed correctly / is the correct file on the card?" i think its not about installation, i can see all files in CF card with cx-programmer. this attachment show which files is loaded in card. is there any other type file, or settings, (note : "prohibit program overwrite..." or other option is disabled)

Hello toTAZ, I'm not 100% sure, but did you format the memory card via CX-P? I think that there may be an issue with the fomatting - this is only from (my fading) memory! - but I think that there are issues regarding the FAT format or otherwise. Try formatting the card using CX-P (not within your PC), then reload the program etc. Will try to find out more later... Stay in touch Regards anonymous

That is my recommendation also from memory. I belive that the manual even say not to format the CF in a PC.

What others are saying has also been my experiance. If you format the memory card with windows, it will be unusable in the plc, and you will be unable to format it with CXP. The bit referenced in the error code is the same bit that was high when I ran into the same trouble.

Format it in a first generation digital camera. It's worth a shot, also does the trick for NS screens.

is there any other way to use it again , i didnt find digital camera, maybe any other format tool or format can repair memory card.

I've done the same thing this morning. although i think the CF card was already formatted with Windows anyway. straight from the box the CPU complained about it. unless its the size of the card as in front of me i have an Omron 128mb card and a 4gb Kingston card (1/5 the price!), the Kingston one doesnt work correctly. as Taz asked is there anyway of formatting it to be able to use it again in a PLC?

Omron claims only CF cards up to 256 MB are supported. But that's not true: Conditions to use a 'normal' CF card in a CJ PLC: 1. Cardsize must be <= 2 GB. Bigger cards are not supported. This is definitely connected to condition 2, as the FAT filesystem only goes up to 2 GB. 2. Card must be formatted as FAT (also called FAT16). You can do this in a normal cardreader from Windows XP (see attachment below). My company has good experiences with Kingston CF cards. Others may work too, I've never seen 2 GB FAT cards that didn't work. Edited by dweste

Ahhhhh Nuts.... and theres me thinking i would be clever and get a 4gb card! in the words of Homer Simpson..... D'OH! I think thats my problem as its great than 2gb! I'll have another go at formatting it to check i've done it right but the out look isnt good.... I might have to buy the card off work and get another!

Maybe you can format your 4 GB CF card as FAT 2GB. This will not change any hardware, but maybe you can trick the PLC this way. I haven't got a > 2GB card here, so I can't test it. By far the easiest way is buying a <= 2 GB card anyway. Good luck! Edited by dweste