Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jouni

Nt20s Comm Problems

7 posts in this topic

Hardware: NT20S-ST122-V1 486/25 laptop and 1.333Ghz Athlon desktop Software: NTSS v2.33 Windows 95 (on dos-mode and dos promt)(laptop) and Windows 98SE (desktop) Settings: Tried NT20S and NT20M, Ver4 and ver5, Slow and fast speed Problem: Can't send or receive screen data. With comm check, it shows 1B 75 37 35 34 0D (with NT20S settings), so the NT20S atleast receives good. When trying to send or receive screen data, it shows: PT -> tool Evaluation Data 0KB after a while the text dissappears and after that NTSS shows: Unable to send (or receive) screen data I made the cable myself. Unfortunately i accidently used the 25 pin to 9 pin cable design on a 9 pin to 9 pin cable. I fixed that, but maybe something got burned, cause they are totally different. Here's an ASCII presentation: 25-pin(computer) to 9 pin(NT20S) ##########------------- 2 SD ___/__\_________/__\___ 3 RD 3 RD ___|__|_________|__|___ 2 SD 4 RS ___|__|_________|__|___ 5 CS 5 CS ___|__|_________|__|___ 4 RS 7 SG ___|__|_________|__|___ 9 SG 1 FG ___\__/---------\__/    1 FG           (shielding wire) 9 pin (computer) to 9 pin (NT20S) #########------------- 2 SD ___/__\_________/__\___ 2 SD 3 RD ___|__|_________|__|___ 3 RD 8 CS ___|__|_________|__|___ 4 RS 7 RS ___|__|_________|__|___ 5 CS 5 SG ___|__|_________|__|___ 9 SG ########\__/---------\__/    1 FG           (shielding wire) (the #:s are there to keep the lines from not moving) Any ideas?

Ah, forget the cable mix up. I did try it with the correct cable before that and it worked the same way, so what could it be?

Hello I suppose that you have set the nt-20s in transmit mode? Pressing two corners at the same time and then select transmit mode. Greetings

The above indicates that he has enabled the transmit screen. On some Pentium computers, I have seen a phenomenon which requires pressing the enter key on your keyboard on regular intervals (about every 64kb) during upoad or download. The fact that you are seeing ASCII characters in the Comm Test mode does indicate a good cable.

Yeah, i have the transfer mode on. If i've got it right, the comm test screen shows only incoming data (probably also meaning the NT20S won't send anything back), so that would mean the incoming data to the NT20S works, but i don't know about outgoing. I tried several serial data logger programs, but the ones for windows won't capture from dos progs, so i'd need a windows version of NTSS, and all the dos loggers blocked the whole communication between the computer and the NT20S. I'm running out of ideas. Maybe i have to build a hardware logger then. As a side note, i won't at home (so i might not have net connection) until friday evening, so if you reply here don't wonder, if i don't.

Helllo jouni i have a working NT20S-st121. ( I have two, had some problems with version of rom inside: check on previous post in this forum). I use NTSS 4.61. If you want me to do some testing on my nt20s with particular settings just ask me. Greetings Give me some more information. Was it working before? Communication with PLC? What happened that make it not working anymore? I suggest also that you register in this forum. This way we can send direct mail to each other. I also think that Jay will like this.

Extra info: the cable i use both 9 pin Computer side---------------NT20-s 2------------------------------------2 3------------------------------------3 4----------- 5-----------)------------------------5 6----------- 7----------- ................ ) 8----------- So comp 2 connected to nt 2 comp 3 connected to nt 3 comp 4 connected to comp 6 ( both computerside) comp 5 connected to nt5 comp 7 connected to comp 8 ( bath computerside ) success Edited by frits