Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darrenj

Quantum with PV plus...

5 posts in this topic

I have asked in a few places and got the standard answer that "yes it should work"..I am looking for someone who has done this!! I have a modicon system...(4 processors and approx 3 to 4000 I/O all comunicating over MB+ I have 7 Cutler hammer Panel mates also comunicating over MB+ and i have one panelmate comunicating over modbus/rs232 The Plant loves the new Panel view Plus HMI that i just installed and want to replace a bank of switches and an old AB dataliner with a PV+..The closest processor has an available MB port..How esy is it to program the PV+ in modiconise?? eg if i want to see if point 10001 is on? Do i type in 10001?? Need help! the machine shop is waiting to cut the openeing for the panel and i dont know what size to make it!!! Thanks Daren

I haven't used the PV+ with the Modicon driver, but I don't see how it could work any other way than what you described. Tag addresses should be the same as the Panelmate but w/o the [ ].

Yes, you can. The MB and MB+ protocols are very easy to handle and gets transparent when used by third parties applications. In PanelView or in PanelView +, addressing will be just as in the Modisoft, i.e. 4xxxx for analogs, 1xxxx for inputs, and so on! You'll just have to pay attention to the read/write properties of the addresses when associating the objects, 1xxxx addr's will only associate with display objects, for example, since they cannot be written.

You use the Kepware driver to communicate with non-AB devices from the PV+. I've used the Modbus RTU serial driver as well as the Modbus/TCP driver. There isn't a Modbus Plus interface, though. You just have to decide whether the first element is zero, or one. After that the addresses are just like they are in Modsoft. KepServerEX is pretty easy to set up once you get the hang of it; they have excellent configuration examples and the Modbus driver is one of their most mature and stable products.

thanks for the replies! it looks like i will be going TCP/IP so i hope the KEPserver is as easy as you say Ken! Thnaks Darren