Bobodopalus

Netbiter read from CJ2M

12 posts in this topic

I see on the forum there are a couple of mentions of netbiter and they seem positive, ive just got one and do not understand how the messaging works.

I have tried creating a template just to read D0, i believe i have setup all my IP settings correctly but i am not certain, they are on the same address range for sure.

If anyone has used this before and could point me in the right direction that would be great

Screenshot 2023-06-07 142225.png

Never heard of them.  Docs?

Manual

https://www.netbiter.com/docs/default-source/netbiter-english/manuals/administration-manual-netbiter-argos.pdf?sfvrsn=7c0cc3d6_42

Easy connect starter guide

https://www.netbiter.com/docs/default-source/netbiter-english/manuals/netbiter-easyconnect-starter-kit-ec220-ec350.pdf?sfvrsn=27f9ddd6_26

None of it covers in any great detail how to read from a PLC on ethernet/ip, i have just had a reply from my HMS support ticket saying they are not sure its possible from omrons side

" Im not sure that the Netbiter actually supports the Omron device, be aware that the Netbiter is an EtherNet/IP Scanner that only support UCMM. Scanners normally support both Class 1 and class 3 connections but not this one. Scanner = Master on Ethernet/IP language. This only possible to reach on the LAN-port of the Netbiter. I know that from the beginning this was developed to be able to reach some Allen-Bradley PLCs.. How the Omron PLC works, I do not know, better ask Omron regards to that.  "

Sadly my usual omron contact has just gone on holiday so im waiting to hear from another

I have been getting my information for the CJ2M from the CS and CJ series Ethernet/ip manual section 9-2 page 260

it is possible the options available on the netbiter just dont sync up with the omron requirements

I am getting some kind of reading with the settings above as i am getting a "too much data" error and not a no connection or system offline

Where is the documentation for class C4 in the PLC?

(Which doc number?)

Ok.  Looks like a bust.  The netbiter doc shows only attribute get or symbolic tag get, but you are trying to read the unit's data table.  That requires service code 0x1C or 0x1D, which is custom to Omron.  Per §9-2-1.

Have you tried setting the tag in the symbol table to network "publish" and connecting via "Ethernet/IP tagname" in the netbiter.

This is assuming you have an Ethernet/IP processor CJ2M-CPU3*

I tried using:

Class: C4
Instance:00
Attribute:64

attempting to read the PLC run mode which reads 4 through the netbiter, when the PLC is in run and 1 when it is in program mode so could we assume this only uses service code 0E?

I also tried to publish the tag but it returns as an "unknown connection error"

This is a CJ2M-CPU32

Attribute reads are service code 0x0E.  Symbol reads are 0x4C (established and documented by Rockwell for Logix, but implemented by Omron in the NJ/NX family, too).  Netbiter would have to have a new driver to perform CJ-specific services for its memory types.

Does the Netbiter support FINS?

Netbiter do not support fins sadly, i have confirmed with omron and netbiter what pturmel says which is they do not support the service codes the CJ series use.

now to fight with modbus a bit instead...