Cristka

CJ2M-CPU11 and CJ1W-EIP21

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you all, Is possible to configure CJ2M-CPU11 with tags trough network configurator to connect Control Logix PLC using EthernetIP? I did a configuration with CJ2M-CPU31 and Control Logix PLC with no problem, but now I need to communicate CJ2M-CPU11 with Control Logix PLC using EthernetIP. Some of you did this configuration between this two PLC before?

Regards!

Probably.

I know it can be done with the CJ1W-EIP21 attached to an NJ501, where the tag sets involved are given explicit assembly numbers, are limited to 500 bytes, and the Rockwell PLC is the scanner.  (Logix PLCs do not implement adapter mode for external scanners.)  I have no experience with the CJ family itself, so I cannot help there, but I suspect it can be done.

There are hints that producer/consumer tags might also be made to work, but I don't know about that.

1 person likes this

Yes, this can be done in the same way as the CJ1W-EIP21. The specifications are nearly the same. In fact, they use the same manual.  Cat. No. W465. I can dig up an example if necessary but I believe you have what you need.

26 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

Yes, this can be done in the same way as the CJ1W-EIP21.

I was specifically addressing use of this module.  An NJ501 can also host the EtherNet/IP traffic with its built-in port.  I've worked with an application where an -EIP21 was added to an NJ501 to add total connection capacity, and to get past the 600 byte buffer limit of the NJ's built-in port.

I guess I misunderstood the question. I thought he wanted to know if the built-in port would be the same as the module. When, if fact, the CPU11 doesn't have a built-in port. I need new glasses apparently.

Anyway, the answer is the same as both the EIP21 and the built-in ports. 

We've used the application you refer to with the NJ501 as well. This was a recommendation from Omron back in version 1.09. I'm not sure if they have increased it's capabilities since then.