Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alw_off

CCM card in series six rack

3 posts in this topic

I finally got my LM6PC software to communicate with my series six CCM 2 card. The CCM2 has 2 ports. I am trying to use both ports at the same time but when i go online with my lm6pc software it kicks my nematron HMI offline. I believe both ports are independent so i am not sure why the HMI is getting kicked off. I have another CCM card and would be open to having 2 CCM cards in my rack but when i tried this both cards failed (bottom LED in OFF state).

FYI - running Win 10 with DosBox 0.74 using docking station com1. Fought this thing for 2 days until i realized i was using the wrong CPU ID. 

Project background - replacing series six and genius blocks with RX3i and EP IO. Trying to reverse engineer nematron HMI and wanted to be able to view data tables while surfing the HMI to map out the IO addresses.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

What baud rate are you trying to use? Not sure whether or no it applies to the Series Six, but I remember in the 90-30 they recommended no faster than 9600 baud when using both ports of the CMM311 module.

Also, is the CCM2 module located in the slot in the CPU rack where it doesn't need any logic in the PLC program, or does it require a rung to open the communications window? If the latter, would it require a separate rung of logic for each port?

All of these questions are coming from my dim recollection of serial communications with a Series Six. It has been years since I had to do it. 

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. The CMM 2 card is in slot 5 so it does not require any supporting ladder logic. I spoke with a former GE supply guy who you probably know and he was pretty sure you could not use both ports as slave at the same time. I was running both at 19200. It is not a show stopper. I only need the LM6PC to occasionally interrogate the registers to help in understanding the old HMI (Nematron) mapping.

FYI - I think back in the day you could use a CMM IO card for the purpose of talking to multiple masters. I believe these cards did need supporting ladder logic.

Thanks again for your help and the countless other posts you are on regarding GE hardware.

Steve