Jovel

Can Panasonic FP0R PLC run multimer timer/counter in the same time ?

6 posts in this topic

Did anyone know Panasonic FP0R PLC is able to run multimer timer/counter at the same time? Maybe 4 - 6 timer, running for few hours. Thank you very much

7 hours ago, panic mode said:

get the programming manual and check it out

https://www3.panasonic.biz/ac/e/dl/manual/index.jsp?series_cd=1700

looks like FP0R has bunch of timers and can be used with different increments - 0.01s or 0.1s or 1s.

using 1s base (TMY) you can have timer run for just over 9h. 

Hi admin, I'm going to use FPWIN Pro 7 software for FP0R PLC. The picture is a sample for my program, I'm just worried all-timer and counter working at the same time will crash. I mean overlap. I have tried simulating, seems like it all working normally. ( 1H X 5 = 5H )

Screenshot 2023-06-07 083450.png

Why not use a preset of T#5h for 5 hours, why are you doing math?

Timers are each stored separately based on the instance name you give it, so they will not overlap.

5 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Why not use a preset of T#5h for 5 hours, why are you doing math?

Timers are each stored separately based on the instance name you give it, so they will not overlap.

Hi Crossbow, i do understand math, the reason i use MUL_TIME_INT for Timer1 PT, is because the HMI(For Preset) i use, only able to key-in value in INT data type. So i key in 5 X T#1h = 5H, more easier to modify. So i can base on many different requirement to change the format in Minutes, Hour or Second. Let say the requirement in minutes, 300 X T#1m = 5h

More familiar with Omron and Mitsubishi, they have commands to convert an int to a time, and they have different names than this.  What threw me off is you are multiplying two constants, makes no sense.  I would expect the int to be a variable if you are using an HMI.