Artz

Need help desperately

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install this file from upgrading sysmac studio: cgGMfGi.png

But I get this error: RKS3l5i.png

I tried uninstalling directly from windows, and I get this: kRRuibf.png

(It literally says: "Windows cannot find the file: "[...]setup.exe". be sure the name is written correctly and try again.)

I'm stuck here I don't want to install the rest of the downloaded .exe's if this fails...

Anyone can help me? It is critical.

it could be a user rights thing are you trying to install it as administrator? or a compatiblity issue that you have to install as win7 or 10 compatible or anti virus software because its a EXE file . 

I right click always on the exe's and run as administrator... Also the folder that the error points out does not exist.

Does setup.exe exist at the full path where windows is looking for it?

And if it does check and make sure that setup.exe and the folder it is in have Read/Write/Execute permissions set and hasn't been changed to ReadOnly by some security program.

12 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Does setup.exe exist at the full path where windows is looking for it?

And if it does check and make sure that setup.exe and the folder it is in have Read/Write/Execute permissions set and hasn't been changed to ReadOnly by some security program.

It does not exist.

I just need that file, could someone provide me that setup.exe from their Installation Folder? Anyways I'm not sure it would work this way with just that file. Thing is I can get that .exe by installing on another computer with sysmac studio but installing it takes too much time (I guess I will have to reinstall in the end)

2 hours ago, Artz said:

I just need that file

No, you usually need the whole folder containing it.  One of the quirks of InstallShield is that the installer is also used as the uninstaller, and a whole bunch of necessary metadata is placed alongside setup.exe in that archive location.

1 person likes this