Ishan Kelkar

Modbus PLC to PLC communication

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone done a Mitsubishi FX5U PLC Modbus interfacing with an Omron NX1P2 PLC? Trying to find that since no manuals exist on the Mitsubishi site as well as Omron. 

First I put your question into it's own topic rather than on a three year old post to hopefully attract more relevant attentions.

Second - I found this Mitsubishi Manual which talks about Modbus - https://www.mitsubishifa.co.th/files/dl/jy997d56101d_FX5(MODBUS%20Communication).pdf

Third - I found this Omron Manual which talks about MODBUS - https://assets.omron.eu/downloads/manual/en/v4/w506_nx_nj-series_cpu_unit_built-in_ethernet_ip_port_users_manual_en.pdf

Fourth - From what bare little I know of Modbus you'll first need to decide which PLC is master and which is slave.  Then you'll map Native I/O of each to modbus registers and the modbus comms will transfer the data.

Beyond that it's time for you To RTFM and post your success or failure for others to guide you.

Good Luck!

2 people like this

The Mitsubishi US guys did a webcast on Simple PLC with omron but canlt find it anymore.

Do have this screenshot file though. It's with an RPLC but the setings would be the same 

screenshots.pdf

TRU or TCP? there is a ton of info on RTU or TCP with sysmac 

for RTU 

NX1P2 Modbus RTU Code and Write Up. - Tutorials and Quickstarts - Forums.MrPLC.com

for tcp

OMRON PLC with Modbus TCP/IP - Omron - Forums.MrPLC.com

the Mitsubushi has to be the slave a guide how to configure TCP

Mitsubishi PLC As Modbus TCP Slave - YouTube

files you need for Tcp

FX5UC and TCP Modbus Communication - Mitsubishi - Forums.MrPLC.com

hope it helps you to a good start

Good info @mike but the FX5 support direct comm to a lot of other brand controller via ethernet.Called simple plc comm

So you do not have to use modbus or write any code