Rath Dalton

WinCC - older version or not fully installed?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed Simatic S7 5.6 and WinCC Flexible 2008 Runtime SP5 on a Windows 7 computer.  Running Simatic Manager brings up the error message

'Simatic WinCC flexible  -  Older version or not fully installed'

as far as I know, WinCC 2008 is compatible with S7 5.6 and I have installed both fully.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this running?

Thanks,

Rath

Hi,

WinCC SP5 I think that must be installed on Win10, not on Win7.

Sounds like you need WinCC flexible development installed, not just runtime.  Your project must have a WinCC flexible object that requires development installed.

From the link below, download "WinCC flexible 2008 SP5 Compact/Standard/Advanced Trial":

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/100777999/simatic-wincc-flexible-2008-trial-download?dti=0&lc=en-BG

Edited by sigmadelta
1 person likes this

Sigmadelta,

Thanks for your reply.  That was a step in the right direction.  Wincc 2008 sp5 is running on my Windows 7 computer now.  The software is complaining about the version of my code, though.  It is asking for it to be translated with a Wincc 2008 sp3 version before it can read it.  Does anyone know how i can get this translated?  I will check for a downloadable version to use.

Thanks,

Rath

You could download the trial for SP3:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/100777999/simatic-wincc-flexible-2008-trial-download?dti=0&lc=en-WW

It's further down from the SP5 download link, called: "WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 Compact/Standard/Advanced Trial"

Edited by sigmadelta

Sigmadelta,

Thanks.  That worked.  I appreciate your help.

Rath