Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LuisGonzalez

Module Configuration Rejected: Parameter Error (Error Code 16#0009)

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm seeking some guidance and assistance regarding an issue I've encountered while configuring a Proline Promag W 400 flow meter module in Logix Designer. I'm experiencing the following error:

Error Code: 16#0009

Fault Additional Code: 16#0000

Fault Description: Module Configuration Rejected: Parameter Error

I've carefully reviewed the module documentation, verified the wiring connections, and ensured compatibility between the flow meter module (Serial Number: T711F49000) and Studio 5000 Logix Designer (Version 33.00.00 Full Edition). However, I'm still facing this parameter error during the configuration process.

I've also attempted to access the web service provided by the flow meter module to view its configuration and parameter settings, but I haven't been able to identify the specific cause of the error.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions from the forum members who might have encountered a similar issue or have expertise with the Proline Promag W 400 flow meter module and Logix Designer. Specifically, I'm interested in any troubleshooting steps or guidance that could help resolve the parameter error and successfully configure the module.

https://files.fm/u/brm2ebkry

Edited by LuisGonzalez

The bad news is that rejected configuration parameters involving Rockwell's own module profiles are hard to troubleshoot.  Third party module profiles, doubly so !

With no extended error code, that suggests to me that there's maybe an identity or compatibility issue.

Let's double-triple-quadruple check to be sure that the module profile matches the actual device.   You described it as a ProMag 400, and the module profile shows that it's configured for Firmware version 4.001.

You posted a serial  number, " T711F49000".   The fifth screenshot shows a serial number "001AEA4A".   What does the web interface or a right-click in RSLinx Classic / Device Properties tell you about the firmware and serial number ?

The IO connection fault is occurring when the controller sends the Configuration data block to the device, the Flow_MS_HSEast:C tag.    That configuration data assembly gets filled in when you configure devices offline and save the project.   I assume you've saved the Studio 5000 project then re-downloaded the program and cycled power to the ProMag.

Do you have access to a network tap or mirrored switch port and Wireshark, to try to intercept exactly which parameter or object is being downloaded when the ProMag refuses the parameter setting message from the CompactLogix ?

Hello,

Thank you for your response and for providing valuable insights into the possible causes of the configuration issue. I greatly appreciate your help and expertise.

I have successfully resolved the configuration issue. After thorough troubleshooting and confirming the module profile and settings, my flow meter is now up and running smoothly. Your assistance was instrumental in resolving this problem, and I am grateful for your guidance throughout the process. Thank you once again for your valuable contributions.

Best regards,