Sal_123

sysmac studio Sysmac Studio and CX-Programmer HMI simulation

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I recently started in the automation industry and am currently working on an Omron project. 

So I have two programs, one on Sysmac Studio (which has the HMI) and the other on CX-Programmer. I am trying to simulate both simultaneously using the Sysmac Studio HMI. Is there any way I can do that where for example I can toggle stuff on and off from the Sysmac HMI and get feedback from the CX-Programmer ladder? 

Thank you in advance. 

So PLC is in CX-Programmer and HMI is in Sysmac Studio?  No, that cannot be simulated together.

5 hours ago, Crossbow said:

So PLC is in CX-Programmer and HMI is in Sysmac Studio?  No, that cannot be simulated together.

PLC in CX-Programmer and another PLC+HMI is in Sysmac Studio. What's the best way to simulate this? Just copy the PLC in CX-Programmer into Sysmac PLC? 

CX Programmer and Sysmac Studio are two different platforms. While Omron gave us some hardware compatibility for upgrading purposes, simulation will not be possible.

Also, you cannot copy a program from CX Programmer to Sysmac Studio. CX is address based and SS is tag based. I heard that Omron has a tool to convert but it's not publicly available. Maybe you can ask Omron to do it.

7 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

CX Programmer and Sysmac Studio are two different platforms. While Omron gave us some hardware compatibility for upgrading purposes, simulation will not be possible.

Also, you cannot copy a program from CX Programmer to Sysmac Studio. CX is address based and SS is tag based. I heard that Omron has a tool to convert but it's not publicly available. Maybe you can ask Omron to do it.

The tool does an OK job, but you'll most likely need to do some fine tuning. If its a large CX project the time you'll spend fixing the conversion will probably be longer then the time a simulation will save you. Send me the program and I can run it through the converter if you want to test it.

I work with CX and sysmac studio, we just use the NB series HMI pannels from Omron. They work great with CX programmer series PLCs  (and the NX  series as long if you configure sysmac studio right!). These pannels use NB designer program from Omron, and they have a simulation that works with CX programmer PLC's    

I have no clue about how to configure a Hmi in sysmac studio but, I do have NX plc's connected to a Omron NB HMI pannel . CX programmer uses D and W numbers you have to enable that in sysmac studio under IO map memory settings, you wil have to mark the boxes see the pictures. Then in your global variable table you have to assign the W and D numbers to your tags look at WDnumbers picture. under the AT tab, you wil see %W/D and a number . with this you assing a W or D number to a tag . under network publish tag you will have to define it as a input output or publish . I do not know if this information helps . But if you want to just do a simulation I strongly advise to go with NB designer it makes every thing a lot easyer especialy for a beginner. 

*did some minor tweaks and spell corrections 

wdnummers.jpg

memmorysetting.jpg

Edited by mike_cheesehead
1 person likes this