Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hecateh

Change CJ2M-CPU33 IP address with CMND instruction

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am trying to change the IP address of a CJ2M-CPU33 using the CMND instruction, I am basing my assumptions on the fact I can do this via the Molex Ethernet/IP tool.

I have a piece of mobile equipment that moves between network locations on site, each room it moves to has its own network with an address as follows 172.23.1.5 for room 1, and 172.23.2.5 for room 2. As you can imagine going to change the IP address for every time they move the equipment becomes a bit overkill. I cant see any way to set DHCP permanently so thought it would be possible to change the address of the PLC via the HMI and the CMND function. I have tried following the examples in the manual but cannot get any other response than 

0: 2810

1: 0401 which appears to be service unsupported.

Any ideas on what I should be populating my command words with? As far as I can see I should be using Service code 0x0E (get attribute single) Class 0xF5, Instance 1, attribute 5 to just read the IP address, once i got that working I was planning on changing to service code 0x10 to write the address I wanted.

Thanks!

Edited by hecateh

I would not do it like this . if you change the IP adres of the PLC the HMI also has to change the IP  etc . just  keep your IP adresses the same. your network the same . just ad a router and let if function as gateway to the network. they are mucht easer to work with .

Tip do NOT let this router give out IP adresses ! or the IT guys will hang you ! 

That would be a preferable option, but I am severely space limited, plus the PLC is the only thing which has an IP, the HMi is connected over serial so thats not a problem.