PaulKim1003

CCW - failed to write a new value message

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

We replaced a motor so I decided to do the static auto tune by using CCW. 

When I clicked "Finish" button at the end, I got a message "Failed to write a new value message - This parameter is only editable on the Identity Page."

Is it because I opened a project with using discovery option? 

Has anyone seen this error before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sinamics(G120) - F7800.pdf

ccw-error.jpg

Edited by PaulKim1003

Most likely the drive is owned by a Logix controller and you'll need to go online with the drive via Studio5000. From the controller's IO tree, open the properties dialog box of the drive, click on the Device Definition button and this will open the Identity Page.

Indentity Page.pdf

The identity page has nothing to do with tuning. I would ensure the CCW profile is up to date. If a plc was connected, a tune wouldn’t be possible from CCW. Plc owns the Io connection as a class 1. In order to tune ie control bar to start it, a class 3 connection needs to be opened which can’t if it’s owned. This is why there is no control bar function in the AOP of logix 

Edited by VFD Guy

@VFD Guy it was intended as a two-part answer;

Part one-  why you probably can't tune the drive; "Most likely the drive is owned by a Logix controller and you'll need to go online with the drive via Studio5000".

Part two- since CCW threw this code "  "Failed to write a new value message - This parameter is only editable on the Identity Page.", here's where you can find the definition page; " From the controller's IO tree, open the properties dialog box of the drive, click on the Device Definition button and this will open the Identity Page".

I probably should have split it up when I first posted to avoid any possible confusion.