akbar_torkashwand

upload program from E100 HMI Beijer

20 posts in this topic

hello every body.
I want to upload program from E100 HMI Beijer.
I have " E - Designer " software and CAB5 programing cable.
I tried with USB to serial cable and windose XP virtual.But I couldn't connect .
can anybody help me?

Make sure the CAB5 is in connected the right way. only one side is for the PC !!

The usb => R232 creates a virtal serial port. Are you sure you are using the right port number ?
Also I would try another converter and check if you are using the latest driver for it

If the USB->Serial converter doesn't have an FTDI chipset, expect problems.

3 hours ago, pturmel said:

If the USB->Serial converter doesn't have an FTDI chipset, expect problems.

how can I found my USB to SERIAL cable have " FTDI chipset "?

You have to look at the specs for the product.  Other common chipset are from "Prolific" and have "PLxxxx" part numbers.  These do not behave like real COM ports as well as the FTDI-based devices.  I'm sure there are other chipsets.  YMMV.

With Beijer, often is problem with driver. If you have different driver installed on HMI than with E-Designer it often makes problem.

You start at the beginning.

Check your pc has a usb to serial port showing - and what com port number it is.

If you do, open a blank E100 project and go to Transfer. select Recieve and set the Com port to the same number.

On 3/30/2023 at 0:25 AM, Goran Vuckovic said:

With Beijer, often is problem with driver. If you have different driver installed on HMI than with E-Designer it often makes problem.

Yes .I chose correct driver in empty program.

13 hours ago, Ron_S said:

You start at the beginning.

Check your pc has a usb to serial port showing - and what com port number it is.

If you do, open a blank E100 project and go to Transfer. select Recieve and set the Com port to the same number.

I have made it many time. but result is same. at the end. I decided to  provide real serial port with real windows XP and test.

13 hours ago, Ron_S said:

On 3/31/2023 at 11:53 PM, akbar_torkashwand said:

I have made it many time. but result is same. at the end. I decided to  provide real serial port with real windows XP and test.

On 3/31/2023 at 11:53 PM, akbar_torkashwand said:

Now I can connect with E100  with real windows xp and real serial port.but E100 is V4.03 and my software has only V6.0. so I couldn't upload program. I have E-Designer v7.50. where can I download older version?

If you disable check terminal version in the tranfser settings you should be able to do an upload of the pogram.

If I disable check terminal version in the tranfser settings   and upload program with higher version . is it possible to download on it in the future. ?

Yes by checking that same button or you can update the firmware if the panel is not to old.

But it would be better if the firmware matches between software and hardware.

you shuld be able to install the old software aswell 

I usually let sleeping dogs lie with version and firmware updates. If they were working perfectly before I came - they'll be the same versions when I have gone.

Probably because I once 'bricked an E300 doing an unnecessary upgrade.

I mean you will get warnings that the versions do not match.

Ignore it and upload anyway.