Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loner

FX-series serial protocol

11 posts in this topic

Where can i find information about fx-series serial protocoll, i want to do a small vb application that reads a few i/o's in the plc. /L

In the Downloads section at www.meau.com is a manual called the MC Protocol manual. This details all of the communication (serial or Ethernet) for Mitsubishi PLCs. I will try to put a copy up here on MRPLC.Com later tonight. An easier way than learning the protocols is to buy a copy of MX-Component from Mitsubishi. It interfaces with VB, VBA, etc. and has built in commands and controls for commuications to Mitsubishi devices. It's easy to configure and not real expensive.

Today I added the MC Protocol Manual to the downloads section. This manual details all of the communications for Mitsubishi and should contain te info you're looking for.

Hi This protocol is only for Q series, or still work with FX and A1S??

The manual you may be looking for is #JY993D69901 (FX Communications) and can be found on the Mitsubishi web site. Try this link: http://www.meau.com/Files/JY992D69901-E.PDF

That manual applies to all the PLC's serial communications. The FX Communications manual is more for specialty communications like Parallel Link, N:N, comm boards, and the communications from the PLC end. The actual format of the protocol is broken down in the manual I posted. Both will be useful.

Thanks for the explication Crossbow So this MC Protocol, is the protocol used by all Mitsu applications, like Meldde, MX components, MX OPC and GX Developer! Maybe its possible to develop a PC aplication to send a new program to the PLC, based on the MC Protocol?

The MC protocol is for data access, not program download. You're going to need their programming software (GX-Developer) for that.

I only get "The page cannot be found" /L

I'm adding it to the downloads section now. In the future, if you know the manual number, or part of it, you can go to www.meau.com, click on Downloads, then select Manuals, and enter the part of the manual number in the search box, and it will pop right up. Or you can search it by product family, in the top box, pick Industrial Automation, then in the next pick PLC, then in the next PLC-F and you'll get all manuals that apply to the FX series PLCs.