Als

PME 8.60 Software license.

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to purchase software license for PME 8.60. Am currently relying on 4-day trial activation. Can someone lead me to where I can purchase the license. I am in Papua New Guinea.

Thank you,

Thank you @BobLfoot for the direction. That definitely should help.

Cheers,

GE sold their PLC product line to Emerson several years ago. Proficy version 8.6 is a few revisions old. I believe the current version from Emerson is 9.8. They dropped the "Proficy" name. I think they call the software PAC Machine Edition. Many of the distributors who handled the product when it was GE continue to offer it now that Emerson owns it, but I don't know the situation in your area. If the links that BobLfoot provided can't help you, try contacting Emerson.

2 people like this

Thank you @Steve Bailey. Yes, we have the older version running the plant. Hardware migrated from old LM9070 controller to PAC Systems Rx3i CPE305 controller and software from LogicMaster to PME 8.60. Pretty much still using the old version. Yes, as per your advise have already contacted Emerson and still waiting for their feedback.

In case you did not already know. Once the 4-day grace period expires, you can uninstall it and then reinstall to get another four days. No limit on the number of times you can do it while you're waiting for your license activation.

1 person likes this

Thank you @Steve Bailey, Yes I am aware of that and I have been doing exactly that - uninstalling and reinstalling up till now. Emerson Sales Manager - Australia/New Zealand, has responded to my inquiry and is preparing quote now. He said the current software version is now 10.1, however the professional license will still work for the old PME version.

Greatly appreciate your help.